Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Awesome!
Good to have a knowledgeable member as a moderator.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
:laugh::wink2::x0:):grin2:

Give me some time to sort it all out. Most of you are mature adults and keep it civil. It's the other 95% that concern me though.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Racer Congrats!

Now.......where are the videos?........:grin2:

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Nice job Racer!

Willow Springs looks like a great track....... nothing to hit in the event of an off.....

Great to see the old Giulia on track!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Nice job Racer!

Willow Springs looks like a great track....... nothing to hit in the event of an off.....

Great to see the old Giulia on track!
Uhm... well.... I found something out there...

I was running with the Alfa Club in an Alfa only run group. This was a time trial session, not full race which we also do. I'd had my 4C about two months and already had 3,000 miles on her. This was the last run session of a two day weekend and we'd been running her in back-to-back sessions. Myself, my brother and my father, we're all experienced racers. I can't speak for them, but I was at speed (racing speed) all weekend. Eight years of auto racing and this was the first time I ever hit anything. Last session of the weekend.... Cold tires and too much adrenaline... The back-end step out on turn exit... Being a rear weighted car which I wasn't used to driving (my 240z [hence my name, Racer Z] is very neutral) the weight wanted to lead... I got off the track and ran over a few hay bales slamming into a concrete retaining wall. I'd scrubbed off a lot of speed, was probably doing about 40 mph when I glanced off the wall. Drove her off the track, but had her flat-bedded home.

$15,000 later....

I now have 27,000 miles on her. She's my daily driver. My wife and drove her to Seattle and back taking all the back roads. 4,000 miles in three weeks. Perfect car on perfect roads.

Now we have a new Giulia. The 4C is still my daily. The Giulia will sit around a lot as my wife has a Fiat 500 C as her daily. This summer we're driving to Buffalo, then Maine and Cape Hatteras, NC. We're taking the Giulia :grin2: About 6,000 miles in six weeks.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Ouch......
I have been there, done that.... I feel your pain!
But somehow we keep on going back....:smile2:

Reactions: Racer Z
1 - 18 of 18 Posts