Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I was driving my car and a made a stop. the wife got out of the car and as she walked away the car started chiming and a message came on the dash saying the key fob had been removed from the car. It had not. in fact I had it in my hand at the time and the other fob was at the house. I turned off the car and tried to start the car and it wouldn't start because it said the key fob was missing. a few seconds later it started right up and had no further issues driving home.

Could this be the key fob battery going? Do I just charge it by resting it in the center console thing?

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,287 Posts
the centre console thing isnt a charging area, its an area that can detect your fob if the battery is flat, you can use it to get going, but it wont charge the fob battery

there is a section in the manual that mentions avoid placing mobile phones near the fob as the phone can interfere with the fob, could this have been a cause?
otherwise, a weak main battery will throw up random false errors

cant see the fob battery needing replacing so soon, but you never know it could have had constant pressure applied to it and weakened it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts