Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to create a thread that alerted the web host that there is something wrong w/ the site. it is painfully slow and frustrating when it freezes up or essentially shuts my ability to post down. there must be an issue as I am active on three other car sites and never have problems. am I the only one w/ these issues?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Never had those issues. Only slow access with poor wi-fi, but that’s nothing to do with the site.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts
I have had that a couple of times in the past days. Comes and goes. More annoying are the adds that mostly seem to appear when I'm not logged in.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm certain it is not related to my laptop nor connectivity. it is a frustrating problem for me as I would like to be more active on the site.

I hesitate to type anything w/ a level of detail for fear of losing the work and the ensuing pulling out of my hair:(

·
Registered
437 Posts
I seem to recall 1 small intermittent issue earlier this week, lasted about 15-30 seconds. Pretty transient. Didn't think anything of it. Nothing near the extent of the issues you're reporting though.

I'll try and capture the response headers and time stamp next time and share with the moderators.

Is this happening from all your devices?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I seem to recall 1 small intermittent issue earlier this week, lasted about 15-30 seconds. Pretty transient. Didn't think anything of it. Nothing near the extent of the issues you're reporting though.

I'll try and capture the response headers and time stamp next time and share with the moderators.

Is this happening from all your devices?

only use my laptop. I know it is not the laptop as it is brand new and super fast. one odd thing is that it seems to take forever for the sponsorship adds to populate the their respective fields or they seem to always be changing. each post for me is one of chance. I am getting lucky now!

·
Registered
437 Posts
only use my laptop. I know it is not the laptop as it is brand new and super fast. one odd thing is that it seems to take forever for the sponsorship adds to populate the their respective fields or they seem to always be changing. each post for me is one of chance. I am getting lucky now!
The laptop being brand new and super fast wouldn't necessarily out rule something still up with the laptop. I'm sure it's frustrating. Perhaps try browsing from your phone for a bit and see if you have the same kind of issues. I know it would be a pain but you have start debugging this somehow. Not sure if you have any techie people that are local to you but perhaps buy one of them a beer or offer a ride and they could help.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Isn't the Department of Defense running their simulated EMP defense drill today? In case of a nuclear airburst over the country? I thought it was supposed to be run in 20 different states or something like that. It isn't SUPPOSED to actually disrupt anything, but we've heard that before.

Try all your devices that can connect, and see if they all have that same problem. Your service provider might be part of the defense simulation.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I moved this thread to the "Forum Help" section. You're not the first to complain about this type of situation, including self.

You could try clearing your cookies.
You could try another browser.

The forum Admin read this section, perhaps one of the Admin will offer a suggestion.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,715 Posts
I moved this thread to the "Forum Help" section. You're not the first to complain about this type of situation, including self.

You could try clearing your cookies.
You could try another browser.

The forum Admin read this section, perhaps one of the Admin will offer a suggestion.
Is it possible to create a paid subscription to Giulia forums that turns off the ads? A few other websites have such a feature. I have had intermittent problems with ad interference.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Is it possible to create a paid subscription to Giulia forums that turns off the ads? A few other websites have such a feature. I have had intermittent problems with ad interference.
Most forums offer that. Not sure about this forum though. I'll check into it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts