1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
343 Posts
Is the Quadrifoglio trunk a different size or shape than the base/Ti trunks? Or would this fit those too?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Trunk Mat

This is nice but someone posted a MOPAR factory trunk liner that I believe has the "Giulia" script embossed in it....and it is rigid, like the Weather Tech trunk liner shown....Does someone have that link again ? D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Link please for this alternative. Thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks and well... that sucks (cost between the two).

:frown2:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Has anybody actually purchased a Giulia trunk mat from Mopar?

Trying to see what is actually looks like a little more "close up" before I purchase one...

It looks like there is a weird embossed shape towards the trunk latch side. I would love to see closer if anybody can snap a pic?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
DON'T FALL FOR IT!

I've seen and touched the Alfa product, it sucks. It is, I believe, a closed cell foam piece of crap that likely will last about 1-2 months before tearing. It has no ability to protect the trunk from a spill bigger than a small puddle and the edges are sloped, not a true lip. Run away as far as you can!!!

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
DON'T FALL FOR IT!

I've seen and touched the Alfa product, it sucks. It is, I believe, a closed cell foam piece of crap that likely will last about 1-2 months before tearing. It has no ability to protect the trunk from a spill bigger than a small puddle and the edges are sloped, not a true lip. Run away as far as you can!!!
Yes, you get what you pay for.

Reactions: AlfaCrisis

·
Registered
377 Posts
Has anybody actually purchased a Giulia trunk mat from Mopar?

Trying to see what is actually looks like a little more "close up" before I purchase one...

It looks like there is a weird embossed shape towards the trunk latch side. I would love to see closer if anybody can snap a pic?

Thanks!
It's absolutely horrible. Pay the extra for the Weathertech - The fitting is perfect, combined with the fact that it's made of durable material. I've had mine since July or August of 2017, and love it.

I did see the Mopar version at the $tealership and it's literally made of foam (I thought initially it was a piece of protection from shipping for the actual product). It's really a joke that they call it a "trunk mat".

Weathertech is the best option in my opinion.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great, thanks much for your thoughts. I will go with my original thinking and get the weather tech. I wish they had the AWD mats available also. I pulled the trigger on the Tuxmats for the interior. Amazon had them at a better price with free shipping than the corp site.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great, thanks much for your thoughts. I will go with my original thinking and get the weather tech. I wish they had the AWD mats available also. I pulled the trigger on the Tuxmats for the interior. Amazon had them at a better price with free shipping than the corp site.
I got the weather tech trunk mat and the Tuxmats for the interior . You won’t be disappointed...they are great!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Early on I ordered the foam Mopar part....not knowing it was foam (really no way of telling from the photo and I don't think the description was truly forthright) and when I got it, (and it was full price, not discounted as it is now) I was disappointed....Now I don't really carry anything in my trunk as far as liquids that can spill but my hockey duffel bag does occasionally find its way back there and so far it has survived, but I could also see it tearing in the future...On the plus side, I have a Quad and I have the WeatherTech floor liners (hard plastic molded mats) that are extremely protective....I have them on every car ...Just got them delivered for our new Stelvio......D

:laugh:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Weather tech dropped the ball for sure. I have used them in my past few cars and always very happy with the results. Too bad they did not adjust for the AWD sooner. Me thinks they have lost quite a bit of biz to our AWD friends looking elsewhere. Excited to try the Tuxmats, they look pretty nice! They arrive next week, WT trunk mat will be next. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts