Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weathertechs have probably been available for awhile, but in my searches of the forums for floor mats, lots of threads saying they were in the works, but no reviews yet. Anyone ordered a set? Looks to be only in Tan and Black. I have a set of weathertech mats in my Avalanche truck, and honestly, they weren't the end all be all that I've always heard of the product. They fit OK, but not perfect...they tend to ride up on the seat rails in my truck and sometimes catch the door at the sill. They're suitable for my truck, but for a high end Alfa Quad, I want something that both fits, is functional, and looks like it belongs. I've read that the dealer rubber mats aren't that great either. So, any other experience with something you like?

https://www.carid.com/2017-alfa-rom...iner-digitalfit-702593893.html?parentsubmodel[]=SUBMODEL|Quadrifoglio

I really like the look of these, but no reviews

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo...hash=item466faa05a8:m:mc6TADXDwEU8B9qzWgRDCVA

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Only available in black though :-(

·
Registered
787 Posts
Tuxmats is what I have also +++

Reactions: Chicago Joe

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio, Sport, Vesuvio Grey on Red
50 Posts
TUXMAT is the bomb. I love them. They look better than the interior carpet.
Can you post a picture or two of you Giulia with the Tuxmats installed? The website does not show any photos, although they look very high quality. I have Crema interior, so I fear it might really change the interior look too much?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,462 Posts
Disenchanted with WeatherTech and tired of so many threads about them (nothing against the OP).

Reactions: Alfa 1

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
@robertmee what kind of protection do you need? Seems unlikely you’d need the winter-grade protection of a rubber mat for a Quad, but it needs asked because, well, needs need met.

Tuxmat are great and elegant, and if that level of coverage is what you want, look also at the Luxus “floor coverings” that Madness sells. IMO, the quilted style, particularly with contrasting stitching, are sportier and more suited to the character of the Quadrifoglio.

If you just want something to take some wear and save the OEM carpet and mats, look at Lloyds carpet mats. Lots of colors and weights.

Personally, I wouldn’t put a rubber mat in a QV, especially not a ribbed, tray type like WeatherTech. They’re just too utilitarian, IMO. If it is a rubber fetish you have, though (teasing!), Madness also offer an edgeless, honeycomb texture, rubber mat which may be appealing.

You’re right that the factory rubbers are chintzy, but they are “lightweight” in the sense they’re edgeless, mostly smooth, and use factory “velcro” retention points. I bought some for my Ti Sport, only to realize they were poorly suited for salty, MI winters. I gave them to my partner for his GQV, but they’re so undersized they don’t fill the floor tub to the sides, so they looked ridiculous. I then bought cheap full floor covers like the Luxus Madness style, but took them out for the summer because vacuuming the factory carpet mats is marginally easier than vacuuming and wiping the full coverage vinyl mats. However, I did reinstall a factory rubber mat on the drivers’ side just to stave off wear to the carpet. I wipe it down with the leather/vinyl cleaner I use on the seats, and it looks good again.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I just plan to use the standard carpet mats in the car until they become dirty to the point they can’t be cleaned, then buy a new set from the dealer. What’s already in the car looks best in my opinion.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Disenchanted with WeatherTech and tired of so many threads about them (nothing against the OP).
Sorry if an additional thread is unwarranted. I honestly searched the forums and the only hits were from 2017 discussing that they were coming out. I went to the weathertech retailers and saw no reviews from the Giulia mats, so hence why I asked.

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
We have several custom tailored options made exclusively for the Alfa Romeo Giulia.

First up is the LUXUS all weather mats.

These are available for the Q2 and Q4 models, in two and 4 piece kits.

Then we have the LUXUS floor liners.

These are available in a number of colors and stitching options.

Let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@robertmee what kind of protection do you need? Seems unlikely you’d need the winter-grade protection of a rubber mat for a Quad, but it needs asked because, well, needs need met.

Tuxmat are great and elegant, and if that level of coverage is what you want, look also at the Luxus “floor coverings” that Madness sells. IMO, the quilted style, particularly with contrasting stitching, are sportier and more suited to the character of the Quadrifoglio.

If you just want something to take some wear and save the OEM carpet and mats, look at Lloyds carpet mats. Lots of colors and weights.

Personally, I wouldn’t put a rubber mat in a QV, especially not a ribbed, tray type like WeatherTech. They’re just too utilitarian, IMO. If it is a rubber fetish you have, though (teasing!), Madness also offer an edgeless, honeycomb texture, rubber mat which may be appealing.

You’re right that the factory rubbers are chintzy, but they are “lightweight” in the sense they’re edgeless, mostly smooth, and use factory “velcro” retention points. I bought some for my Ti Sport, only to realize they were poorly suited for salty, MI winters. I gave them to my partner for his GQV, but they’re so undersized they don’t fill the floor tub to the sides, so they looked ridiculous. I then bought cheap full floor covers like the Luxus Madness style, but took them out for the summer because vacuuming the factory carpet mats is marginally easier than vacuuming and wiping the full coverage vinyl mats. However, I did reinstall a factory rubber mat on the drivers’ side just to stave off wear to the carpet. I wipe it down with the leather/vinyl cleaner I use on the seats, and it looks good again.
My QV is my primary vehicle. It's not necessarily a daily as I work out of my home, and travel 30% of the year, so I put less than 5K miles a year on my vehicles. But I do shuttle my kid to school/soccer, and in the fall/winter get alot of wet grit/grass from the kid's shoes. I probably don't need full rubber...just looking for something to keep from ruining my stock mats, both from dirt and heel wear. I was interested in the Luxus, but then someone gave a bad review on Madness's Luxus thread. Although it's not clear as to whether they actually had a set of Luxus as they never returned to follow up.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have several custom tailored options made exclusively for the Alfa Romeo Giulia.

First up is the LUXUS all weather mats.

These are available for the Q2 and Q4 models, in two and 4 piece kits.

Then we have the LUXUS floor liners.

These are available in a number of colors and stitching options.

Let us know if you have any questions.
I couldn't find the floor liners for the Quad...the Giulia link above says coming soon?

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
I couldn't find the floor liners for the Quad...the Giulia link above says coming soon?

The Quad liners are still in prototyping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just installed a set of WeatherTech knowing they would not be an exact fit because I have a Q4 but they actually fit quite nicely!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
My QV is my primary vehicle. It's not necessarily a daily as I work out of my home, and travel 30% of the year, so I put less than 5K miles a year on my vehicles. But I do shuttle my kid to school/soccer, and in the fall/winter get alot of wet grit/grass from the kid's shoes. I probably don't need full rubber...just looking for something to keep from ruining my stock mats, both from dirt and heel wear. I was interested in the Luxus, but then someone gave a bad review on Madness's Luxus thread. Although it's not clear as to whether they actually had a set of Luxus as they never returned to follow up.
Robert, how much does it cost to just replace the stock mats when they get dirty or wear out? I also don’t like the look of rubber mats, but it seems for the cost of buying some of the aftermarket carpet options, you could just replace the original OEM mats when needed??? That’s kind of what I was planning.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Robert, how much does it cost to just replace the stock mats when they get dirty or wear out? I also don’t like the look of rubber mats, but it seems for the cost of buying some of the aftermarket carpet options, you could just replace the original OEM mats when needed??? That’s kind of what I was planning.
I'm not sure, but I'm leaning that way. However, if that's the plan, better buy a set or two now and store them. My previous daily, the Mercury Marauder, to buy those mats now IF you can even find them are usually over $500 a set due to scarcity.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I'm not sure, but I'm leaning that way. However, if that's the plan, better buy a set or two now and store them. My previous daily, the Mercury Marauder, to buy those mats now IF you can even find them are usually over $500 a set due to scarcity.
Good idea, that’s what I did with my last BMW.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts