Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having this problem?
See photo.
Apperantly when I get in, my side or back rubs on the weather strip (the B pillar is a bit forward in these cars - perhaps for side collision protection).
I don’t have my seat too far back as my legs are not that long, but I am 6 ft tall and have a muscular torso.
I may as well order a weatherstrip now as I will need one at some point...

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Mine wore at the sill and was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Actually if you look around the stripping is all kind of crappy. I used some gummy pledge to soften it all up and feels less dry/cracky/etc

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I would guess warranty. Looks like you have a 2017 and I have one also. I just got mine but the rubber on the door (frames it) was replaced under warranty. That wear doesn’t make sense for it to not be warranty. I expect that drying out where I live. I always condition the rubber. Using Perl now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Which gummy pledge you use? The 1z one? I have it, any suggestions how to apply it correctly so it doesnt leave trace on car paint

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
My sill weatherstrip is ready for another replacement.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Which gummy pledge you use? The 1z one? I have it, any suggestions how to apply it correctly so it doesnt leave trace on car paint
I use Sonax Gummi Pfledge. They both have applicator tips that are relatively precise so there shouldn’t be much overage on to the paint itself. Never had an issue over the years with marring the paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts