Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

421 - 440 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts

cold outside. Gotta smoke in social club now. Never a bad time for opus X. Just finished a box of lost city. This 13 is dynamite.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,737 Posts
I just realized I'm a peasant who accidentally walked into this group!
I'm also a peasant, but I do enjoy watches (though not to the degree that some other forum members do). On my wrist today is my 25+ year old Swiss Army chronograph (with bracelet).

Image result for 1992 swiss army classic officer chronograph watch

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,737 Posts
Do clocks count?

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
620 Posts

Run flats + dark, rainy night + pothole = cracked wheel

I carefully inspected the tire but found no signs of puncture.

Turns out the wheel was cracked and was leaking air.

Time to de-stress and enjoy some quality garage time with Basil Hayden’s bourbon and Planta Tabak Anno MMIX Nordic Mixture.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Began the New Year with Basil Hayden's Caribbean Reserve Rye. "Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey Blended with Canaidian Rye Whiskey Finished with Rum." Mmmm

·
Registered
370 Posts
+1 on the Basil Hayden!
I’m a big bourbon guy and this New Year’s it was (in order) Parker’s Heritage Barrel Finished, Pappy Van Winkle’s 15 yr, Four Roses Limited Edition 125th Anniversay, and George T. Stagg. Small quantities of each and in the safety of my home.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
I’m a big bourbon guy and this New Year’s it was (in order) Parker’s Heritage Barrel Finished, Pappy Van Winkle’s 15 yr, Four Roses Limited Edition 125th Anniversay, and George T. Stagg. Small quantities of each and in the safety of my home.
all good stuff for certain, you are more the aficionado then me LOL.....I really can't tell the little nuances that make those all special, as they say Enjoy Responsibly ;) ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
all good stuff for certain, you are more the aficionado then me LOL.....I really can't tell the little nuances that make those all special, as they say Enjoy Responsibly ;) ?
As Ex-master distiller of Four Roses told me years ago at the Bourbon Festival, “ The good thing about Bourbon is, you’re never wrong.” I can’t tell all the nuances either, although I can certainly tell them apart. As long as you enjoy it is all that matters.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Love this thread and learning about what everyone is into.

I’m a wine and whiskey drinker. Mostly Irish whiskey (Jamison, Bushmills, Middletons), and mostly big cabs, super Tuscans, French reds, and champagne (Veuve, Ruinart, etc.) Also into watches and have about a dozen automatics (Rolex, Xetum, Rotary, TAG, Eterna, and others.) I’m not a cigar smoker but love a nice Sativa or hybrid from time to time. Otherwise I play drums, bass, guitar, and am learning piano.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Love this thread and learning about what everyone is into.

I’m a wine and whiskey drinker. Mostly Irish whiskey (Jamison, Bushmills, Middletons), and mostly big cabs, super Tuscans, French reds, and champagne (Veuve, Ruinart, etc.) Also into watches and have about a dozen automatics (Rolex, Xetum, Rotary, TAG, Eterna, and others.) I’m not a cigar smoker but love a nice Sativa or hybrid from time to time. Otherwise I play drums, bass, guitar, and am learning piano.
I also drink Irish. Hands down, my go to whiskey is Power's. If you like Irish and you want something smooth, delicate on the palate, and no burn or aftertaste, it's definitely one to try. It's the best selling whiskey in Ireland for a reason.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
"Its the best selling whiskey in Ireland for a reason"
I ain't touching that .....
Hahah....More to the point. I got an Irish whiskey book for Christmas years ago and in it said, "If you're stranded on an island and can only have a single bottle of Irish whiskey, Power's would be the one to bring." It's a beloved brand in the country and popular not only for it's quality but it's heritage.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
No offense to anyone intended...
What's the saying...
God created whiskey to keep the Irish from conquering the world.

421 - 440 of 457 Posts