Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

401 - 420 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Fine watches and performance cars are inextricably linked as hobbies. FWIW I have dealt with a class act for watches for a couple of decades - Mauricio Pier at Class-watches.com.
His knowledge is encyclopedic about high-end watch brands and his integrity in taking responsibility for what he sells is A+. He has hundreds of watches in stock at any given time.
He is always available to chat and his number is on his website. Tell him Alex from the Alfa forum recommended him.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,321 Posts
Picked this up in Munich in January on a family vacation. One of my new favorite watches. The design is amazing and is supposed to inspired by a sports car dash dial.
That's a great watch. I'm planning to make my next watch a German, a Schaumburg Urbanic Patinamatic.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Fine watches and performance cars are inextricably linked as hobbies. FWIW I have dealt with a class act for watches for a couple of decades - Mauricio Pier at Class-watches.com.
His knowledge is encyclopedic about high-end watch brands and his integrity in taking responsibility for what he sells is A+. He has hundreds of watches in stock at any given time.
He is always available to chat and his number is on his website. Tell him Alex from the Alfa forum recommended him.

darn you. You should have never posted this website. Now i will get nothing done all day long !:grin2::smile2:>:)

·
Registered
5,531 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
No watches, hate em.
Cigars, blech. Was a cigarette smoker for too long, so I stay away from all smoke.
Whisk(e)y, mmmm. :D Scotch, Irish, Bourbon, Japanese, you name it, I like em all.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,321 Posts
good friend passed by tonight and we had a good old fashioned wine fight...LOL
I brought Italian he brought some artzy-hipster California stuff...LOL
I’ve never been a Caparzo fan, but a solid Italian classic is usually more drinkable than a Napa prestige wine, especially Parker 100pt types. But, when the Cali kids get it right, like that ‘08 Bond... I had an ‘08 Realm Dr. Crane this past Xmas which was very good, but how was this one? Absurd is crazy pricey at around $400 new and more on the secondary market.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
I’ve never been a Caparzo fan, but a solid Italian classic is usually more drinkable than a Napa prestige wine, especially Parker 100pt types. But, when the Cali kids get it right, like that ‘08 Bond... I had an ‘08 Realm Dr. Crane this past Xmas which was very good, but how was this one? Absurd is crazy pricey at around $400 new and more on the secondary market.
so as you would have guessed the 2010 Brunello was sublime, very elegant. the Realm was a freaking sledgehammer! glad we drank the Brunello first. it was a fruit bomb, very jammy and you felt the alcohol. not my particular style. funny you mentioned Bond. I prefer the Bond over Realm all the time/everytime. depending on the vineyard the Bond just drinks more "grown-up" than the Realm for my palate. I just got in some 15' Bond Quella, Vecina & St. Eden. personal stuff but I did put them on the list ;)....and yes the secondary market is nuts but just about demand outpacing availability

·
Registered
21 Posts
Liquor: Galliano, Sambuca or Licor 43

Watches: Im the cheap watch fiend, my favorites are
Bulova Lunar Pilot
Seiko 5 - Sea Urchin
Phoibos - P007C
Vaer Heritage
Bulova Precisonist
and a bunch more ( I own like 30 watches )

Cigars: I used to smoke Rocky Patels, Acids and a some other various cheap sticks but I havent smoked in forever.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Figured would post a watch pic from a couple of weeks ago being I just caught this thread for all you watch guys out there.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,321 Posts
I can’t believe this c. ‘00 Poljot is back in action! It broke about 8 years ago, and I just put it away, not wanting to spend the money on it, I guess. Of course I forgot about it until this past February, when I sent it in for repair. It arrived back yesterday. I suppose not too many folks work on these Russian watches, but at least the Poljot cal. 3133, a Valjoux 7734 clone (Valjoux sold them their old production machines in mid ‘70s), is the most bountiful of the lot. These original Poljots, made by 1st Moscow Watch Co., persisted until 2004, making this is one of the last in the early branch of what is probably the most important chronograph movement in history, which starts with the Venus 188 in the late ‘40s (nee Valjoux 7730), the movement which made the Swiss boom, and progenitor of the auto-winding 7750, which was the workhorse of the post-Quartz Crisis revival. When I consider this branch extends into and through the Soviet era, I’m just fascinated; cosmonauts, spies, and Cold War villany! The dial on this one is a copy of popular WW2 German aviator styles, a crass move demanded by Poljot’s nearly complete financial collapse at the turn of the millenium, so I’d like to get another with an authentic Russian dial (and base metal, rather than inox, case) sometime, just to be totally on-theme.

401 - 420 of 457 Posts