Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to use the windshield washer and nothing came out, with all the other safety features this car has really no low washer fluid light. Oh by the way it takes almost 2 gallons

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Same thing happened to me! I dumped a whole bottle in after thinking the nozzles were broken and nothing coming out. Problem solved. A little odd!

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Another great tidbit of info from this forum. I’m so used to the “low fluid “ warning light, I would never think to refill or check the level without it coming on. In a million years I never would have guessed this Car doesn’t have one. How is that possible ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
no warning on my base giulia either, i think the manual shows a warning light, but it did not go on when empty

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Do most cars have a low warning for windshield fluid?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Its a double edged sword....on F30 warning light was allways on if you filed tge reservoir with rain-x..it would mess up theoptical sensor and the whole reservoir had to be changed.....you could only use Bmw washer fluid lol.....I giess italians were practical and skipped that problem before it arises...

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
What kind of washer fluid are you all using? I've been using Peak -20F (I have to drive to Nevada to acquire this contraband, it is not available in California?!), which at least doesn't freeze but is poor at washing bugs off the windshield.

2 Gallons ~= 16 pounds of washer fluid. That seems excessive both in terms of weight on the vehicle and stress on the washer fluid tank mounts.

Maybe the fluid warning light is only displayed on a subset of the menus?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The Owners Manual says it has a low fluid warning light. I have not seen it because monthly, when I check tire pressures, I check fluid levels and top up. It also says the headlight washers, if equipped, will stop working before the windshield washers.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I dont think i have added washer fluid to ant of my cars in years. Dont use it much ih Los Angeles and car is always clean.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
So I went to use the windshield washer and nothing came out, with all the other safety features this car has really no low washer fluid light. Oh by the way it takes almost 2 gallons
Per the user's manual:
Windshield washer fluid reservoir is 1.1 Gallons.

·
Registered
80 Posts
10 degrees here in NY and washer is full but frozen. It's filled with the factory stuff. :frown2:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
10 degrees here in NY and washer is full but frozen. It's filled with the factory stuff. :frown2:
Ouch. What's your plan?

I all but emptied our bottle of -30F in my wife's car last night. Time to buy more. Hope it's available. Expecting to pay through the nose.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Ouch. What's your plan?

I all but emptied our bottle of -30F in my wife's car last night. Time to buy more. Hope it's available. Expecting to pay through the nose.
How much is wiper fluid in your area?

Here in NJ it is only like $2-$3.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
How much is wiper fluid in your area?

Here in NJ it is only like $2-$3.
The cheap summer stuff can usually had for around $1. The premium winter fluid is $2-$3 on sale but will likely be "full priced" at $5 or more due to conditions and high demand.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
The cheap summer stuff can usually had for around $1. The premium winter fluid is $2-$3 on sale but will likely be "full priced" at $5 or more due to conditions and high demand.
I have seen the summer fluid at the local dollar store here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ouch. What's your plan?

It thawed during the day, but I bought the -25 degrees stuff.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
how long does it take to continuously hold the lever on the car to remove the current washer fluid onto the windshield just to get rid of it so i can add the winter fluid?

3 minutes?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts