Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I have bought a brand new car.

I was actually surprised that when I picked up my Giulia from the dealer that it was not completely detailed.

It was only washed.

I figured that it would have been waxed at the very least.

I know that this is a dealer thing and not an Alfa Romeo thing but when you picked up your car was it waxed?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same experience for me. bit I assure you i have polished and waxed the entire car and now she is a movie star.
Same here. I spent the entire day detailing it the way it should be.

Thanks
 
  • Like
Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
90% of the dealerships probably do more damage waxing the car then they would leaving it alone. I would be happy haha. Keeping that in mind the other 10% that do good jobs are rare and most customers aren't that demanding when it comes to paint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
Now I want to email my salesman and tell him not to wash it. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Mine was delivered with swirls and all they did was wash so I would advise to not even have it washed before delivery and just do it all yourself or a shop you trust
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
Mine had been cleaned but no wax, and no scratches, thank goodness.

I prefer they don't touch it, wax or wash. At RRT update I told them not to wash it. I hand wash Giulia when needed. I have applied 3 coats of Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax (really a synthetic sealant) since bringing her home. She looks gorgeous and stays in the garage during inclement weather.
 
  • Like
Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
I asked the dealer to not do anything because the Giulia was going straight to paint protection. Picked it up with a large note on the dash saying "do NOT wash" and paint was in great condition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
My Giulia was absolutely filthy when I picked it up. Could hardly see through the windshield. They left it untouched which is the exact way i demanded it. Protective plastic still on interior pieces, no floormats installed, etc, etc. When i went to pick it up I asked my salesperson had I decided to have them prep/clean it who would have done it and he smiled and said “the high school kids with buckets and brushes”. Bullet dodged. My Honda dealership however destroyed the paint on a crystal black touring accord that i purchased to the point they puchased vehicle back from me and got me an untouched one straight off delivery truck. I never get my cars or motorcycles prepped/washed at dealer.. free wash with oil change=no thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
Yeah, after 3 weeks at FoNE my 360 came back with swirls. I let them wash it and shouldn't have. It was wicked busy, my service tech usually suggests not too, but somehow we skipped the question. It stayed an extra few days for the new oil pressure sender they snapped off replacing the power cable! Not a good month and I missed the Tutto Italiano show. You should have seen my reps desk. It was covered edge to edge with service printouts. Crazy man. I think most of the swirls have buffed out with rubbing compound. Rosso Corsa paint is soft anyway. I like those guys but the rookie techs will goof stuff like this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
Have you heard the horror stories of little kids helping their dads wash the car with scotch bright scrubbies? <insert cardiac arrest flat line noise here>
:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
brand new cars are typically not waxed, and should not be until some period of time goes by for the paint to settle. plus they should look perfect without waxing when out of the factory. mine did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very interesting to hear people not even wanting to have their car washed at all upon delivery.

I understand the reasoning though.

Thanks
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top