Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport AWD Misano Blue/Black Ice
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -
In the next couple of months, the warranty on my 2018 TI/Sport will end. I thought I'd check in here to see if anyone had any suggestions for me when I head in for an oil change just before 50k. Anything specific I should ask the dealer to check out to avoid "too bad this didn't come up 3k miles ago"?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 RWD Ti Lusso
122 Posts
A/C Compressor and coolant gas leakages?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Battery? No issues with your current battery?. A brand new battery now would be always nice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can always buy an extended warranty.
I would have them do a visual inspection on the entire car looking for any oil or fluid leaks, worn out parts, squeaks, or other odd noises. These cars are built very well so you probably won't have to replace anything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Today automobiles when warranty is out in my personal opinion if you lease or own trade it in with all this technology they have on and so expensive to maintain I rather get a new one I being doing so for the past 10 yrs. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Battery test for sure...complain the stop/start isn’t working correctly and they’ll run the battery check. Honestly, sell it.

Reactions: MikeS

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today automobiles when warranty is out in my personal opinion if you lease or own trade it in with all this technology they have on and so expensive to maintain I rather get a new one I being doing so for the past 10 yrs. Good luck whatever you decide to do.
I'm kind of on the same page. I have loved driving this car and will likely buy another one. Having retired, I've moved from buying to new to low mileage used. I'd like to hang on to this one for another 20k and then start looking. I have a real thing developing for the Verdi Visconti.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A/C Compressor and coolant gas leakages?
Good thought. Not something that has been heavily used recently, so good to ask them to go over it. Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Battery test for sure...complain the stop/start isn’t working correctly and they’ll run the battery check. Honestly, sell it.
Good tip. Will do. Thx

·
Registered
2018 Giulia QV
221 Posts
I would suggest they give the rubber boots (axle covers and ends of linkages) a visual to make sure not tears. I had a torn one found that was replaced under warranty. You can also have them check for any unusual suspension play to see if anything has worn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts