Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the factory warranty coming to an end in June I'm thinking of making an appointment at the dealership to see if they could go over the car and see if any items can be covered under warranty.

Has anyone else been through this and what's your advice?

TIA!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
A bunch of QV owners well not even QV A lot of Giulia owners have extended their warranty. It really comes down to you situation.
If your going to sell the car in 6 months then I don’t see the point in one. I mean shit even in 6 months anything can go wrong.
However if your keeping the car until the wheels fall off of course a warranty is worth it. 1 visit could make it all worth it. Or nothing goes wrong for the next 10 years. Who knows. But better to play it safe then sorry right? I know i would rather pay 2k now for a warranty vs 2k in a year Bc the power steering rack went out.
It doesn’t hurt to see if the dealer find anything.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
With the factory warranty coming to an end in June I'm thinking of making an appointment at the dealership to see if they could go over the car and see if any items can be covered under warranty.

TIA!!
Didn't do this with the Alfa yet as I have the extended warranty good through 2023. BUT I did do it with BMW and it paid off in spades! Had a leaky water pump fixed and little nagging odds and ends all covered.
The dealer should have no issues doing this.

·
Registered
133 Posts

TIA!!
I think having the car in for a once over is a really good idea. My warranty ends later this year and I plan to do the same. Conveniently, it will need an oil change about that time anyway...

I am not really one to buy extended warranties for things, cars included, and this car wont be any different so I want to know its as healthy as can be before I have to foot the bill lol

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
726 Posts
Didn't do this with the Alfa yet as I have the extended warranty good through 2023. BUT I did do it with BMW and it paid off in spades! Had a leaky water pump fixed and little nagging odds and ends all covered.
The extended warranty on my old 2010 Town and Country minivan also paid off big time when it needed a new transmission. Classic issue with those things.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A bunch of QV owners well not even QV A lot of Giulia owners have extended their warranty. It really comes down to you situation.
If your going to sell the car in 6 months then I don’t see the point in one. I mean shit even in 6 months anything can go wrong.
However if your keeping the car until the wheels fall off of course a warranty is worth it. 1 visit could make it all worth it. Or nothing goes wrong for the next 10 years. Who knows. But better to play it safe then sorry right? I know i would rather pay 2k now for a warranty vs 2k in a year Bc the power steering rack went out.
It doesn’t hurt to see if the dealer find anything.
I'll likely keep the car for another year before I switch out to something different.

As far as maintenance items In not concerned about those.

I'm going to go ahead and make an appointment and see what they say.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My warranty factory warranty expires in 8 weeks (end of June) and trying to decide what to do myself about buying an extended warranty. Even if I was to sell the car next month I think having an extended warranty makes it that much easier to sell to a potential buyer... Not to many people want to buy a used $50K car with no warranty.
Just this morning the dealer quoted me $2200 for 12 month/12K mile extended warranty or $3300 for a 36 month/36K mile warranty. They also do 2, 4 or 5 year extended warranty's but I didn't get prices on those.

Last week I brought my 2017 QV in for a 20K service & inspection even though it only has 15K on it. They require the belts to be replaced every 4 years or 36K no matter what. I did a package deal they had where they replaced belts, all the filters, oil change and did a recommended brake fluid flush as part of the package. Cost me $1100 though but now I know it's good to go for a while!

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
131 Posts
I got a quote to extend my QV’s warranty for 4yrs 48k miles for $6200. So who here thinks that is worth it? Do most major repairs cost more or less?

At the moment it doesn’t seem worth it.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I got a quote to extend my QV’s warranty for 4yrs 48k miles for $6200. So who here thinks that is worth it? Do most major repairs cost more or less?

Just curious, where was the quote from? Did you go with one of the on line guys referenced on here that seem to consistently have the most competitive pricing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just found the sticky for 'Extended Warranty' in the Quadrifoglio section. Just made a phone call to the Eau Claire Chrysler Jeep dealer for prices. Unfortunately my car is past the 36 month stage so probably won't get as good of deal.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
131 Posts
Just curious, where was the quote from? Did you go with one of the on line guys referenced on here that seem to consistently have the most competitive pricing?
Great question. Found out it’s a 3rd party called Automotive Product Consultants, or at least I think so. Is there a better alternative?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,423 Posts
If the extended warranty is the same as factory, then there's no need, but I don't know if it's exactly the same, so it may be worth it to do it once right before the end of the factory warranty. Plus if you have a deductible on your extended like I do, then you save that cost as well.

My warranty factory warranty expires in 8 weeks (end of June) and trying to decide what to do myself about buying an extended warranty. Even if I was to sell the car next month I think having an extended warranty makes it that much easier to sell to a potential buyer... Not to many people want to buy a used $50K car with no warranty.
Just this morning the dealer quoted me $2200 for 12 month/12K mile extended warranty or $3300 for a 36 month/36K mile warranty. They also do 2, 4 or 5 year extended warranty's but I didn't get prices on those.

Last week I brought my 2017 QV in for a 20K service & inspection even though it only has 15K on it. They require the belts to be replaced every 4 years or 36K no matter what. I did a package deal they had where they replaced belts, all the filters, oil change and did a recommended brake fluid flush as part of the package. Cost me $1100 though but now I know it's good to go for a while!
I would go for the extra 3/36 for 3300.
Also 1100 for all that service is a steal I think. I know my dealer charges almost 500 for a brake fluid flush alone!

Depends on the deductible, but it does seem high. How many miles you have? Perhaps also try clay Robbins or call Mopar themselves

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Great question. Found out it’s a 3rd party called Automotive Product Consultants, or at least I think so. Is there a better alternative?
I think there is general consensus here that it’s a much safer option to go with an FCA MOPAR warranty, that’s what many of us have done.

MOPAR MaxCare is the most comprehensive and comes in many mileage/term/deductible combinations. The most often recommended dealers are —

[email protected]

They are all FCA dealers, all sell the same FCA factory backed warranties, but prices can vary a bit, just like buying a car. I bought my warranty for my 2017 Giulia from the last of the three, and for my 2021 from the 1st. Just a function of best price at that point in time. The warranties are all identical FCA products. you can have confidence because your servicing dealer has immediate visibility to your extended warranty via their FCA systems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I called the last dealer on the list recommend by wingler above. These are the prices I was quoted today. Apparently the prices change weekly? Looks like 36 month term is the best bang for the buck in my case. Not sure why such a big jump in price from 36 to 48 month?
Below is a copy & paste from the email on my car...

EDIT: The columns with prices were all shifted and off by one and not lining up correctly. It's correct now!

This quote is based on a 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio with 15,980 miles.

AWD? No Dual Rear Wheels? No Under 36 months/36,000 miles? No

These prices include a $185 discount valid through 5/11/2021. To take advantage of this discount, please use promotional code 88769 when purchasing.

$200 Deductible Plans
Term
months/miles​
Coverage Through
Powertrain Care Plus
Added Care
Added Care Plus
Maximum Care
End Year
End Miles
24 / 24,000​
2023 2
39,980 2
$1184​
$1230​
$1353​
$2141​
24 / 30,000​
2023 2
45,980 2
$1353​
$1631​
$1693​
$2310​
36 / 36,000​
2024 2
51,980 2
$1353​
$1446​
$1940​
$2789​
36 / 45,000​
2024 2
60,980 2
$1554​
$1554​
$2094​
$2989​
48 / 48,000​
2025 2
63,980 2
$1971​
$2218​
$2604​
$3931​
48 / 60,000​
2025 2
75,980 2
$1616​
$2063​
$2480​
$3746​

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just went ahead and setup an appt to have the dealership go through the car and repair (if anything) whatever is covered under the original factory warranty.

I won't be going with any extended warranty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
"Dual Rear Wheels? No"

Now I can't get the image of a Giulia QV Dually out of my mind!😂 With Texas 🇨🇱 plates presumably!
Yeah I was puzzled by that too. Pretty sure it's a standard form used to cover all FCA vehicles.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine expires end of this October. So far I'm not planning on getting any extended warranty, even though I do plan to keep it for a long time. I guess I'll see how this summer goes, but so far my QV has been nothing but awesome!

This is just my opinion of course, but I believe that if your car didn't give you any problems in the last 3-4 years its a good sign that you did not get a lemon. As most of us here have read, people generally either have lots of issues, or barely have any at all. I luckily happen to fall in the barely at all, so I will take my chances further, and if something does happen, I can read codes myself and since I consider myself mechanically inclined I wouldn't mind tackling whatever work required!

·
Registered
712 Posts
long years ago, my VW mechanic agreed that most things that "break" on a new car happen early, and once past some miles, it is wear and tear items as expected. Since I tend to buy a car with care and one I really like, I generally keep them a long time. So, did buy an extended MOPAR warranty for my '18n QV. "...you pays your money, you takes your chances...." NV

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
IMHO, if one is planning to keep the QV for 5-8 years, it is worth while an extended warranty. It is not because I assume that something is going to break and/or go wrong within 4-8 years but, I know that if, for any reason, anything breaks and/or goes wrong, the money needed to fix that, after the original warranty expires, will be 2X or 3X the cost of the extended warranty. As any other insurances, the hope is that one will never uses it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts