Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I just picked up my 2018 Giulia Sport Q4 in Michigan. Super excited for the car. My car did not come with all weather mats and these regular mats are just going to get ruined through the winters. I am looking for any brand as long as they are a exact fit. Let me know if anybody has any.

Thanks!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I don’t know about brands, but I can tell you it’s impossible to beat the China-direct floor liners available on eBay for under $90:

I have a set in my MI Ti Sport Q4, and they offer the highest level of protection, with a tub covering every carpeted surface, front and rear, with very good fit and a cool, quilted style.

They’re a bit of work to clean compared to typical rubber mats, but you won't get that crusty salt buildup on the carpet at the edges of the mats, and you can wipe them down or pull them and spray them out.

The rear design, fully covering the trans hump, is great protection against wiggling kids, too.

The style is like the Luxus brand coverings available from Madness Automotive, which may be ostensibly better quality and offer features like side retention clips, but in practice I have no complaints with mine. I can look up and reference the eBay seller from whom I purchased my all-black ones and a set of black w/red stitching for a Stelvio, but I’m not sure it matters terribly provided you can specify they’re for a Q4, which differ from RWD models for a small hump in the passenger side trans tunnel. Actually, mine were misshipped and cut for RWD, but were flexible enough to contour to the hump and sit fine and look good anyway, so I kept them.

Shipping was shockingly quick, too, about a week all the way from China.

Peruse the Madness site, and you’ll see the full coverage style as well as a few other styles. They’re good to buy from, as are Centerline Alfa, Alfa 9 Supply, and EuroCompulsion. All are worth checking.

I would advise skipping on the factory rubber mats, which are dinky, mostly smooth textured, and lack a water retaining edge, making them extremely ill-suited to MI winters.

TuxMat are a brand of similarly designed full coverage floor liners, and really offer a top quality fit and finish with a factory-like appearance. If money is not an obstacle, those are the best MI winter ready mats you can .

·
Registered
256 Posts
IMO, TuxMats are the only way to go. And as Chadster said, skip the Alfa factory mats. I purchased a pair and they’re terrible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would advise skipping on the factory rubber mats, which are dinky, mostly smooth textured, and lack a water retaining edge, making them extremely ill-suited to MI winters.
What Alfa factory rubber mats are you referring to? There are none available on the Alfa website for the Mopar website.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,420 Posts
I used weather tech and they're great

Reactions: Montecarlo

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
What Alfa factory rubber mats are you referring to? There are none available on the Alfa website for the Mopar website.
These. I bought them 2nd hand from another forum member who was dissatisfied with them, so I don't know their original source, but I think they were a dealer offered option.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
These, by the way, are the China-direct floor mats I bought on eBay for the Giulia for $86:

Reactions: moonkei

·
Registered
303 Posts
I highly recommend Tuxmat. Excellent fit and excellent quality. Total protection. Beautiful look.

WeatherTec does not have mats for the Q4.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow. Those mats with "Giulia" embossed on them are truly pathetic. Small wonder you don't like them. I suppose it's possible they are factory mats but I doubt it since no mats are available through Mopar or Alfa and my dealer said that he has asked them about when mats will be available and has gotten no positive response.

I bought the Weather Tech mats and really like them. They fit well and are made from a material that's easy to clean. And I chose them over other mats also because they come in a tan color which very closely matches the tan carpeting on the inside of my Giulia with the Crema interior.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Wow. Those mats with "Giulia" embossed on them are truly pathetic. Small wonder you don't like them. I suppose it's possible they are factory mats but I doubt it since no mats are available through Mopar or Alfa and my dealer said that he has asked them about when mats will be available and has gotten no positive response.

I bought the Weather Tech mats and really like them. They fit well and are made from a material that's easy to clean. And I chose them over other mats also because they come in a tan color which very closely matches the tan carpeting on the inside of my Giulia with the Crema interior.
They may be discontinued, but almost certain they were factory rubber mats. Others have them as well, and there was a link to them on the Mopar site at one time.

I actually have just the driver's side front mat in the car now, for summer, and run the factory carpet mats in the other places. For light duty, fair-weather use, it's okay, but for the winter and sloppy spring and fall, I put the full coverage liners in all around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I kinda like them though. Just because they're simple mats. I'm not a fan of how the liners look and really feel like the quilted pattern is a bit cheesy, but that's just me. My last car had the factory mats with the car brand embossed on it, I really liked them. Great for the Michigan winters!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Quited pattern cheesy? Uh oh, don’t tell Bentley!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I kinda like them though. Just because they're simple mats. I'm not a fan of how the liners look and really feel like the quilted pattern is a bit cheesy, but that's just me. My last car had the factory mats with the car brand embossed on it, I really liked them. Great for the Michigan winters!
Embossed brand names are not what make mats great for MI winters.

Winter mats, where salty water is accumulating— which is what “Michigan winter” means— are great when they manage that water to prevent it running off the mat and crusting on the carpet, and prevent slippery pooling under foot.

The factory mats do neither. They are poor MI winter mats.

There are textured and lipped styles available, as well as non-quilted liners, both of which are noted upthread, so even if the quilting or full liner style is not to taste, you can do much better than the factory rubber for MI winter use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought those but they had a noxious smell and didn't mold well....I got a partial refund.

Yours look like they worked better.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don’t know about brands, but I can tell you it’s impossible to beat the China-direct floor liners available on eBay for under $90:

I have a set in my MI Ti Sport Q4, and they offer the highest level of protection, with a tub covering every carpeted surface, front and rear, with very good fit and a cool, quilted style.

They’re a bit of work to clean compared to typical rubber mats, but you won't get that crusty salt buildup on the carpet at the edges of the mats, and you can wipe them down or pull them and spray them out.

The rear design, fully covering the trans hump, is great protection against wiggling kids, too.

The style is like the Luxus brand coverings available from Madness Automotive, which may be ostensibly better quality and offer features like side retention clips, but in practice I have no complaints with mine. I can look up and reference the eBay seller from whom I purchased my all-black ones and a set of black w/red stitching for a Stelvio, but I’m not sure it matters terribly provided you can specify they’re for a Q4, which differ from RWD models for a small hump in the passenger side trans tunnel. Actually, mine were misshipped and cut for RWD, but were flexible enough to contour to the hump and sit fine and look good anyway, so I kept them.

Shipping was shockingly quick, too, about a week all the way from China.

Peruse the Madness site, and you’ll see the full coverage style as well as a few other styles. They’re good to buy from, as are Centerline Alfa, Alfa 9 Supply, and EuroCompulsion. All are worth checking.

TuxMat are a brand of similarly designed full coverage floor liners, and really offer a top quality fit and finish with a factory-like appearance. If money is not an obstacle, those are the best MI winter ready mats you can .
I second this. Bought the Chinese made quilted set from ebay and they are great. Mine even came with clips. I also have the quilted trunk liner from Madness and the quality is identical to the floor mats I got.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
You got the clips?! Check out Mr. Fancymats...! ;)

Being serious, thanks for the note on the quality comparo, which I was wondering about.

Did your EBCD (eBay China direct) mats have the accomodation for the Q4’s trans tunnel hump in the passenger front footwell? If so, can you share the Seller?

·
Registered
316 Posts
You got the clips?! Check out Mr. Fancymats...! /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Being serious, thanks for the note on the quality comparo, which I was wondering about.

Did your EBCD (eBay China direct) mats have the accomodation for the Q4’s trans tunnel hump in the passenger front footwell? If so, can you share the Seller?
Here’s a picture. I’ll look up the seller from my desktop later as I’ve already archived the purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Here are my ECDS mats in my Q4. They have little plastic tabs on the perimeter that slide under the plastic trim and hold everything in place.
ECDS?

Yours have no accommodation for the trans bulge either, other than their innate pliability allowing the mat to conform to the shape. That’s how mine are, too, and honestly, while it looks totally acceptable to me, the Stelvio mats are shaped of three pieces in that area, so they have a solution for Q4 Giulia, but just don’t employ it for some reason.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts