Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stuck in stop-and-go traffic yesterday next to a matte-finished M-B SL. The driver motioned for me to lower my window. When I did he proposed that we let the cars ahead of go to build up a gap and then find out which of our cars faster. I told him his paint job alone would leave my Giulia in the dust. That wasn't good enough for him and he persisted, saying "no, really". I hope he has the opportunity to test his car against a QV some day.

·
Registered
616 Posts
your paint job comment was clever and funny! btw...I am not a matte fan though I know some still are. shinny cars should soon be back in vogue:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah

That will happen, you handled it will. Q.V. is really not a drag race car to me it’s a total car. Tell him next time to meet you at the track that changes everything lol.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think he was mostly interested in impressing his passenger. They rocketed off when they reached the next major intersection. "Hi-yo Silver, away!"

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
We need more QVs around, to defend the badge's reputation!
I’m doing my part!>:)

Tomorrow will be the true test, as we mingle with BMW, Porsche and American muscle cars at a track event.

It should be fun!

OP, how old was the show off? 18?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Perhaps you could have told him you had a CEL....You know...perpetuate the stereotype...

"I'd love to but this **** thing keeps breaking down....just got another CEL".....:x

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m doing my part!>:)

Tomorrow will be the true test, as we mingle with BMW, Porsche and American muscle cars at a track event.

It should be fun!
On a Friday? Y'all playing hooky?

OP, how old was the show off? 18?
Believe it or not, in his 60s or 70s.

Perhaps you could have told him you had a CEL....You know...perpetuate the stereotype...

"I'd love to but this **** thing keeps breaking down....just got another CEL".....:x
Fun idea!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Chipshot, I play hooky every Friday!:grin2:

I?ll try to get some track video of the event from the QVs prospective. There is gonna be lots of Germans,........ hopefully they?ll move out of the way peacefully .......>:)

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My working stiff Friday, a full day at the office after dropping my daughter off at a weekend high school leadership event 1½ hours from home. Out the door at 6:30 AM and several construction obstacles to navigate with Giulia's assistance.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A red Q4 drove quite racy in an effort to pull up alongside me and say "hello" yesterday on Woodward. Sorry to disappoint by pulling off onto a side street before reaching a traffic light.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts