Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am living in Switzerland, currently owning an (almost) 10 year old 159 Sportwagon. Tried a Giulia last year and decided that, should my old car give me trouble, would immediately go for it. Well well, driving everyday and almost 130k on the clock.. nothing happens! Reading this forum will push me to do it one day, am sure.
Have to say that my car is "old school" meaning that I bought it because in my "opinion" it was better than the competition. But in fact, it is a bit heavy and about a million years behind the Giulia, technically speaking. Still, the engine note and the steering feel are still enjoyable. All in all, looking forward to discover another "league" or level, but also to drive my old car to the limits :)
By the way, I am interested in the 200hp petrol version (yes we do have it in Europe, we just tune it to reach a bit more)
Cheers!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the interesting intro. Don't know what to say, would be great to hear you got a Giulia but don't want you to have issues with your 159. Perhaps it would be best to find a new owner for the 159 while it's still running strong?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that's an idea - it didn't cross my mind, but I could post an ad, see who's interested and at what price... and run to the closest dealership real fast!! Then I could begin to struggle with colors and options :)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

I don't know about all this new car stuff. Was out driving around in my father's 63 Giulia Spider (he drove) and later drove my 17 Giulia Ti. Both are great cars in their own right. I think as a daily driver I'd have to go with the newer Giulia though.

Have you entertained the idea of owning two Alfas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I am glad to join this very active forum!
Well, if I had the luck of owning an alfa from the sixties, no doubt I would keep it. But my 159 is not the most glorious example of Alfa's history : it was engineered at a time when FCA (Fiat Group) was tied with GM, so it was the product of a kind of bad marriage. I think it weighs about 300kgs more than the Giulia!! Front wheel drive doesn't help either. But the design is flawless : have been admiring it for the last 5 years. And it's solid as **** because it was Alfa's first (badly prepared) attempt to contest the German supremacy... nowadays it's a different story, especially when Alfa beats Porsche on the Nurburgring with Giulia AND Stelvio :) Who would have thought...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts