Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Alabama,

I will be the proud new owner of a 2018 Giulia Ti Sport in Vulcano Black with red interior in the next 24 hours. Options are Ti Sport package, Driver assistance package, driver's assist dynamic plus package, Dual panel sunroof, Nav and Harmon Kardon.
I just worked out the last details of the deal and they're delivering to my house tomorrow.
Thank you for letting me share....I'm so excited. Ready to study up on this board.
Some mods I'm considering:
Axle back exhaust- Madness, Corsa or Ragazzon?
MaXpower module
Quad rear spoiler
tint the windows

I've been the owner of 4 Spiders off and on since 1983 selling my '87 last year. I know all threads are useless without pictures....My last Alfa:

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
@Fripp64....we are 'twins'! That is precisely my configuration. You can see some photos of my car in the gallery.

Unfortunately I can't really mod the car since its a lease, but I got a 2 yr lease basically as a 'trial' -- if the car is even moderately reliable I'll either buy it at the end of the lease or purchase a new one at that time.

Love your plans for the car. Consider wheel spacers as well....the car will benefit (cosmetically) from a slightly wider stance.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Welcome!

Definitely tint on black; looks serious! It’s also hard to deny that good exhaust sounds don’t enhance driving pleasure, especially for those who have sporting roads to drive on.

I’ve not done exhaust myself yet, but like the more tefined sound of the Madness Lusso. User @Kaevman has posted some good sound vids on YouTube.

·
Registered
383 Posts
@Fripp64....we are 'twins'! That is precisely my configuration. You can see some photos of my car in the gallery.

Unfortunately I can't really mod the car since its a lease, but I got a 2 yr lease basically as a 'trial' -- if the car is even moderately reliable I'll either buy it at the end of the lease or purchase a new one at that time.

Love your plans for the car. Consider wheel spacers as well....the car will benefit (cosmetically) from a slightly wider stance.
This is my plan too. Lease the car, if it's reliable then buy it :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@a2alfaguy I'll be honest, you and another member, @ibehardknock2001, were my inspirations when I started lusting after another Alfa.

I swore to everyone that knows me I'd never own another black car but I loved an '06 Z4 that I owned that was sapphire black with red leather. When I saw the Vulcano I completely went that way! Paint protection is first on the agenda.

J.

·
Registered
109 Posts
glad we could inspire you :) You're going to love it....hey, you live in a state with beautiful weather (unlike me) so getting a black car just gives you more excuses to get out there and wash it in the beautiful Alabama sunshine! In the meanwhile I will remain on the hunt for a decent touchless carwash somewhere near me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HTML:
FNM
Just pulled up sound sound clips...I like and the prices I see are much cheaper than what I was looking at for others. Do you have a recommended seller?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have the REMUS axleback and love it. Also have the OP's twin. Wasn't planning on black over red until I ran into one at the dealer and was smitten. The Vulcano metallic black looks like a very dark graphite in sunlight. Beautiful color that looks better in person than in pics.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tad---seeing your Quad at Cars and Coffee a few months ago really inspired me to get back in an Alfa.
(My history goes back to when I worked at the only Alfa dealer in Alabama when I was a student at Auburn...now defunct but, Bobby McKee at University Motors)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.