Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 2015 silver IS350 fsport 3rd series package.
Loaded with everything + probably only person to have factory Lexus remote start.

Now have Monte Blue w yellow calipers. 2017 Giulia Ti sport. Fully loaded except has static package instead of dynamic. So no Lane departure warning and no adaptive cruise control. In the decades I've driven I've never used cruise control in an actual useful situation, nor have I needed lane departure.

Lexus pros:
Better rearview camera
No start/stop
Engine screams at high revs
Ventilated seats
Mark Levinson sound is better than H-K
Infotainment is way more friendly.
Better amenities at dealership (and hotter sales reps lol)

Equal:
Handling is excellent in both cars
I love the look of both cars
Both seats fit like a glove

Alfa pros:
30% better fuel economy
Has rain sensing wipers
Heated seats and steering wheel heat up quicker and aren't overly hot
Doesnt have lesser cars with a similar design (eg Lexus CT and '18 Camry)
No pulling up next to old asian ladies in IS250's (im Asian) at a stop light and being semi-embarressed.
Pretty much none on the road (for now)
Remote start actually works and works well
Sounds better at low rev city driving which I usually do so a lot more fun.
People stare at you and talk to u. I got more interactions in 2 weeks than in 3 years in my IS350.
Telling people you have an Alfa elicits way more response than the Lexus.
People think it's unaffordable right away giving me baller status, when actually it's not much more than the Lexus. 2017 model especially great value.

This is after 2.5 weeks of ownership. (16 days of which it rained)

At end, im very happy with my choice for not much more money at all. No issues for now and I hope to have none, though bumper to bumper warranty is 4 years which matches my lease term so we'll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
The Lexus IS was what I was looking at when I discovered the Giulia. The Lexus just didn't really get me excited about ownership, since I test drove the Giulia and then ordered one, I can't stop thinking about it. Can't wait for it to get here. (1-2-3 months....hopefully)

Reactions: Il_Conte

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts
Since you brought up Asians, I'll share that the most interest my Giulia has generated in the last week was from the family that operates our go-to Chinese take-out. One incorrectly identified it as an Acura. Another spouted all sorts of wrong "facts", some of which I chose not to challenge (wanted to get food home while it was still hot). All seem genuinely interested, however, and I told them I look forward to learning about their test-drive at the dealership the next time I'm there picking up dinner.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Giulia replaced a 2011 Fsport. I was planning on getting a 17 Fsport and found the Giulia price to be in line (never thought i could have an Alfa!!!!!). The F sport had way more amenities and stuff, but the Giulia has so much soul and makes me smile EVERY time I get to drive it. The lexus is a great car, but like someone wrote about the Giulia, “There’s sorcery in this car!”

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I traded my 2016 RC AWD for the Alfa. While the Lexus was beautiful it drove like it had no soul. Not so with the Alfa.

Attachments

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
69 Posts
No pulling up next to old asian ladies in IS250's
Since you brought up old ladies and their affinity for Lexi (more than one Lexus)- I will confess teaching my sons that the real meaning of the Lexus logo (circle around the L) is "Old Lady" >:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had 2015 silver IS350 fsport 3rd series package.
Loaded with everything + probably only person to have factory Lexus remote start.

Now have Monte Blue w yellow calipers. 2017 Giulia Ti sport. Fully loaded except has static package instead of dynamic. So no Lane departure warning and no adaptive cruise control. In the decades I've driven I've never used cruise control in an actual useful situation, nor have I needed lane departure.

Lexus pros:
Better rearview camera
No start/stop
Engine screams at high revs
Ventilated seats
Mark Levinson sound is better than H-K
Infotainment is way more friendly.
Better amenities at dealership (and hotter sales reps lol)

Equal:
Handling is excellent in both cars
I love the look of both cars
Both seats fit like a glove

Alfa pros:
30% better fuel economy
Has rain sensing wipers
Heated seats and steering wheel heat up quicker and aren't overly hot
Doesnt have lesser cars with a similar design (eg Lexus CT and '18 Camry)
No pulling up next to old asian ladies in IS250's (im Asian) at a stop light and being semi-embarressed.
Pretty much none on the road (for now)
Remote start actually works and works well
Sounds better at low rev city driving which I usually do so a lot more fun.
People stare at you and talk to u. I got more interactions in 2 weeks than in 3 years in my IS350.
Telling people you have an Alfa elicits way more response than the Lexus.
People think it's unaffordable right away giving me baller status, when actually it's not much more than the Lexus. 2017 model especially great value.

This is after 2.5 weeks of ownership. (16 days of which it rained)

At end, im very happy with my choice for not much more money at all. No issues for now and I hope to have none, though bumper to bumper warranty is 4 years which matches my lease term so we'll see.
Where I live people look at my car and send high-fives. Or, when parked, I see them walk past and look at the interior, her shapes. Think it's because you don't see a Giulia much. Most neighbors drive Renault, Peugeot, all kinds of Japanese brands.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,426 Posts
Had a 2014 is350. Handling was very good and engine is smooth but the transmission hated downshifting and the alfa steering is so much more communicative, light, and quick ratio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts