Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed minor changes in volume that correspond to speed? It's subtle, but I've started to notice that an increase in speed correlates to an increase in volume and vice-versa. I have a base Giulia Q4 with standard audio (no HK upgrade) and am trying to figure out if this is intentionally done or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
Has anyone else noticed minor changes in volume that correspond to speed? It's subtle, but I've started to notice that an increase in speed correlates to an increase in volume and vice-versa. I have a base Giulia Q4 with standard audio (no HK upgrade) and am trying to figure out if this is intentionally done or not.

Thanks
Check in the setting section. There is a setting that adjust volume according to the car's speed. You can change it or turn it off altogether.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read through the whole manual in one sitting, guess it was too much to digest at once.. Appreciate the help!

Reactions: peczenij

·
Registered
343 Posts
Read through the whole manual in one sitting, guess it was too much to digest at once.. Appreciate the help!
No problem. My car came with a separate manual for the radio, but I do have the upgraded HK system. Don't know if the standard system also comes with a separate manual. I found that just going through every setting in the "settings" on the infotainment system was the easiest way to learn what the car has and how it all works. I've never had a car with all this stuff on it before - so trial and error is how I've figured most of it out.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a common feature in cars these days. Been around at least since the 1980s VWs
I'm steppin out of a 1993 Volvo 940 into the Giulia and the Volvo definitely did not have automatic volume variability with speed for the cassette player.. Still getting used to all the upgraded tech.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm steppin out of a 1993 Volvo 940 into the Giulia and the Volvo definitely did not have automatic volume variability with speed for the cassette player.. Still getting used to all the upgraded tech.
Volvo.....for life.....:wink2:

·
Registered
547 Posts
No problem. My car came with a separate manual for the radio, but I do have the upgraded HK system. Don't know if the standard system also comes with a separate manual. I found that just going through every setting in the "settings" on the infotainment system was the easiest way to learn what the car has and how it all works. I've never had a car with all this stuff on it before - so trial and error is how I've figured most of it out.
Not sure if you have this or not but worth reviewing;

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...s/Giulia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-Radio-3rd.pdf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.