Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vulcano black guilias

I have noticed that when my car gets some-what dirty, the area right underneath side mirror, between the door and the quarter panel creates an effect that appears to be a discoloration under direct light. I have owned cars with metallic paint before but I did not see this effect before. I dont know if the mixture of the metallic paint coupled with dirt and grime that gets attached to the car between washes. The unwanted effect goes away when its washed.

I first noticed it when I looked at the car at the dealership. It had literally been dropped off the truck the day prior so it was dirty but it had the discoloration effect and it was noticeable. I took my finger to wipe off the dirt and it went away. The effect can be described as if the car has been sitting next to a sprinkler for quite sometime and the water has discolored the paint.

I will try to take some pictures for you all to see what I mean. But in the mean time, has anyone noticed this or does this happen to any Volcano Black Giulias?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the same thing on my VB Giulia. It starts to show up if I leave the car unwashed for a week. I don't think it's from the paint though, probably more like from "deposition" of particles due to the air flow at speed. It wipes off easily so I didn't pay too much attention to it, but yes they are quite conspicuous on metallic black paint.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Below is the effect I am talking about. Its unsightly when its dirty and its only this part of the car. It seems that you cannot have the car go dirty for more than a week if not this happens.

Let me know your thought guys!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts