Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Giulia TI for a little over a month now and still have not been able to play any music from my iPhone or iPod touch using voice command. The system responds that this command is not available for the current media device. Other new Giulias are having the same problem. Has anyone used voice command successfully to play music? Is so, what type of phone or media device are you using? All replies appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
Never bothered to use voice commands on any car that has them since a 2005 545i. One of my favorite handling cars of many great handling cars owned.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have very mild luck using an external hard drive. I don't believe iPhones will be supported until apple play support is added. (In June if you believe what you hear)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Only using voice commands for navigation (by far the quickest way and the system has a hit quota of 95% on me)

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
The system responds that this command is not available for the current media device. Other new Giulias are having the same problem.
I'm having the same issue with my iPhone. I have tried both bluetooth and USB connection. Always says command not available .

As an aside, I have noticed that the album art loads on the screen when the phone is plugged into USB.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Voice command is useless in all modes, at least for those of us that speak with a slight or maybe more than slight Texas accent. :grin2:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my iPhone. I have tried both bluetooth and USB connection. Always says command not available .

As an aside, I have noticed that the album art loads on the screen when the phone is plugged into USB.
When I have my iPhone plugged in via usb, all Siri functions work great through the car. Don't need to push the voice command button on the steering wheel (which I agree, is useless-I would get the same message as you about command not being available). Just use Siri like you would at home. I can have it read and replay to texts, play music. make calls and all audio comes from the cars speakers. When you are finished, it goes back to the music that was paused. So far, it's worked great!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,476 Posts
I've had it play artists and tracks from USB media. Not my primary way of accessing, but preferable to spinning the wheel forever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts