Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

So it happens that I will be near Cassino, Italy where Giulias are made and want to ask if anyone here visited the factory and can provide any tips on tour reservation, best time to visit etc. Is it even possible to get a factory tour? It would be such a great experience to see how one of the best sport sedans in a world is being made! I just cannot pass this opportunity if it's available...

Regards.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Hi folks.

So it happens that I will be near Cassino, Italy where Giulias are made and want to ask if anyone here visited the factory and can provide any tips on tour reservation, best time to visit etc. Is it even possible to get a factory tour? It would be such a great experience to see how one of the best sport sedans in a world is being made! I just cannot pass this opportunity if it's available...

Regards.
you might want to ask forum member @MacGeek...if anyone would know he would.

if your near Cassino the Abbey is a nice place to visit if your into art and military history

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you might want to ask forum member @MacGeek...if anyone would know he would.

if your near Cassino the Abbey is a nice place to visit if your into art and military history
Thank you for suggestions MDriver!

I will send him PM when I get my 10 posts. On meantime, I hope that MacGeek will see this and reply..
I did sent an email to FCA group media relations team asking if plant tour is possible. We shall see...
I also bookmarked Abbey Montecassino, thank you for the tip! This place looks very interesting!

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you’re in the north, you could go to Modena (home of Ferarri, Maserati and Lamborghini) and visit the Ferarri museum. It’s amazing, and a beautiful piece of architecture. The food in Modena is amazing too. Ahhh. Italy. Was there exactly a year ago.

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
If you’re in the north, you could go to Modena (home of Ferarri, Maserati and Lamborghini) and visit the Ferarri museum. It’s amazing, and a beautiful piece of architecture. The food in Modena is amazing too. Ahhh. Italy. Was there exactly a year ago.
Also if you're near Modena you should check out the Panini Museum. It's a lesser known one and very laid back - a private collection open to the public.http://www.paninimotormuseum.it/

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, I see that it's been almost a year since the last post in this thread and nobody posted any new info. I have two Giulias (a 2017 TI and a 2018 QV) which gave me a lot of joy over the past year and a half and I would love to be able to tour the factory that made them. I will be visiting Italy and will be driving south from Rome to Salerno early next month and will be passing through Cassino. It would be quite a treat to be able to arrange a visit.

Does anyone have any info if that may be possible?

Gene

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
So, I see that it's been almost a year since the last post in this thread and nobody posted any new info. I have two Giulias (a 2017 TI and a 2018 QV) which gave me a lot of joy over the past year and a half and I would love to be able to tour the factory that made them. I will be visiting Italy and will be driving south from Rome to Salerno early next month and will be passing through Cassino. It would be quite a treat to be able to arrange a visit.

Does anyone have any info if that may be possible?

Gene
I think some time ago MacGeek mentioned that Alfa unfortunately does not have guided tours at Cassino

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guided tours? No need for a guide! Just let me roam around on my own and I'll chat with the workers on the line if I have questions!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Guided tours? No need for a guide! Just let me roam around on my own and I'll chat with the workers on the line if I have questions!
Hahaha yeah until a robot mistakes you for a rear quarter body panel, presses you against a newly minted Qv and welds you in place:)

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm pretty sure they have security that would prevent non-employees from coming in for an unauthorized tour. Maybe you can find some Alfa Romeo shirt that looks like what the employees wear and come in with the morning crew. I'm sure you could blend right in. (Just kidding probably not.)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Too bad they don't offer 'European Delivery' for these cars. What a fantastic and memorable way that would be to get a Giulia or Stelvio. I think corporate is missing to boat on so many customer relationship opportunities it makes me wonder if these people were selling toilet paper in their former jobs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts