Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
I've owned several Milanos, and love my '89 Milano Verde to death.

IMHO the Milano is really the spiritual predecessor to the current Giulia range, Alfa's last great RWD sedan. There was a lot of really cool technology (rear mounted transaxle with a deDion suspension and inboard rear brakes) underneath the boxy body.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had a Milano gold ed (2.5L V6) bought new in '87, fantastic fun to drive car, the best revving sound, unique styling (controversial kick up tail, but I i liked it) and reasonable price, i think around $16K back then, essentially a 4 door GTV6 with all new body and interior. The Verde ed with the 3.0L must be even better.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
When I see the price of the regular Milanos/75s, I get really tempted ... but the car is older than me by quite a bit and I have 0 mechanical skills, so it's best I just make a friend who has one, and we trade cars at some point for a quick drive :D

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
I should mention another thing about the Milano (75) - they make great track cars!

I've done track days in everything from bone stock 2.5 liter examples to highly modified cars. The rear mounted transaxle gives amazing weight distribution which yields very stable handling. It's amazing how hard you can push these cars at the track and they just seem to beg for more.

Here are a few pictures of the ex-Centerline Milano with Evo bodywork and lots of custom CF panels as well. It was (is) a real beast with a Savali 3.5 liter engine and a lot of suspension tweaks.

Photos © gotbluemilk.com

·
Registered
55 Posts
Joe
I bought a 79 Black Alfetta Sedan from the dealer in 1980. The SPICA leaned out in one cylinder and burned a hole in the piston. Put in the Bell & Howell turbo kit. Blowing through Delortos like the Lotus Turbo.
European bumpers and Shankle suspension. Tamed the incredible understeer. Then front-mounted intercooler.
Went well and I really liked the handling.
After 18 years as my DD, it got terminally rear-ended parked in a commercial alley.

Still miss the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any picture including an awesome impala is definitely welcoming for all of us! I have so many classic car models that I love watching and I've even driven some of them. My biggest highlight was when I had the chance to drive a Ford GT 60 at greatbritishcarjourney.com where they have a specialized experience that you pay for a little fee and you drive a car that wakes up crazy memories. My father used to have a GT back in the day and she took me to many places around the country so for me being in the UK and having the chance to drive an American car like that, was a lifetime experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts