Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice that there is a sizable spread on the 100 or so cars that initially arrived in the USA? In my search, the VIN numbers are numerically non-sequential by over 2000 numbers.

What does this indicate? I'm wondering if the Quadrifoglio is manufactured in a similar fashion to other limited edition high performance cars. For example, the Corvette plant in Bowling Green Kentucky manufactures all Corvettes. The ZR1's and Z06's are assembled on the same assembly line as regular Corvettes. Though, anywhere from 10 to 20 run of the mill Corvettes would be assembled and then a single Z06/ZR1 would come down the line (being the low-volume special edition). The same production line strategy is used for Mercedes SUV AMG manufacturing line in Germany.

The Italians may be using the same on-demand production processes. Anyone know? Hoping for a factory tour some day.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone with a VIN of a Quadrifoglio in the 20,000 range?

·
Vendor
619 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one I sold was in the 18000's. One I'm buying from a dealer up north is 32000's.
Wow. That's a huge jump. I thought the manufacturers segregated VIN's by continent. Maybe not. The gap from 20,000 to 30,000 is 10,000. Ha. I'm good at math ;)

Though, maybe the 10,000+ difference has a lot of the European distribution as well as US-bound cars included?

·
Registered
37 Posts
does anyone know if we can activate blind spot monitoring to BEEP?
in my mazda 6 it would send me an alarm warning if i were to change lanes with a car in my blind spot.
IN my TI, the side view mirrors flashes but no "beep" per say is heard.

Thanks

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Our cars are fairly close and definitely came off the same 1st boat. Interesting trivia. Port of Entry info from Baltimore was just before Xmas.
I think they arrived in October, mine was from that 1st allotment also.

·
Registered
418 Posts
does anyone know if we can activate blind spot monitoring to BEEP?
in my mazda 6 it would send me an alarm warning if i were to change lanes with a car in my blind spot.
IN my TI, the side view mirrors flashes but no "beep" per say is heard.

Thanks
Yes sir. Select options then driver assistance or safety and once you find blind spot on tilt the wheel to the right and change it from visual to visual and audio. I'm doing this in my head right now so I could be slightly off on how to get to it. Can send a vid in the morning.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Wow. That's a huge jump. I thought the manufacturers segregated VIN's by continent. Maybe not. The gap from 20,000 to 30,000 is 10,000. Ha. I'm good at math ;)

Though, maybe the 10,000+ difference has a lot of the European distribution as well as US-bound cars included?
I can find out down the line a bit. My trainer reached out to magneti Marelli to find out if apple CarPlay will be introduced via update or if the systems are capable with current hardware, and I've prodded my rep, trainer and the brand about the coupe rumor.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeap. Very similar #'s on your's, mine and Konundrum's cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Easy fix. Connect a small piezo or other to the mirror circuit within the kick panel on either the driver or pass sides.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.