Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have noticed a vibration noise from the back of the car on certain rough surface roads, and over bumps. It sounds like a loose plastic panel vibrating. at first I thought it was behind the rear seat, possibly in the trunk tray. After a little observation from a rear seat passenger, we discovered the noise comes from the ceiling panel, which separated the front and rear sunroofs. Indeed, if I lightly thump it with my fingers, it vibrates and buzzes like a guitar string. the panel does not appear to be loose or improperly installed, just poorly supported.
Is anyone else having this problem?
You will need to turn the radio off to hear it.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Don't have a sunroof in my car....Inadequate adhesive ?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts
That may be what I'm hearing at low temperatures. Mine is loud enough to overcome the radio.

·
Registered
71 Posts
thought i had a weird sound coming from the rear compartment too when driving over some rough roads but it turned out to be the front passenger seatbelt causing the noise.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know exactly what it is,
I had same issue, and I ended up disassembling my back half of my QV.
Seats, trunk, speaker amp, rear deck, suspension, and I couldn't find anything, until I took apart rear sway bar drop link.
It does sound like plastic rattle from inside of the car, and it sounds like as if it's coming from inside of the trunk, it was just worn link. Pump it with grease will help reducing noise almost 100%, though it will come back. Ultimately it's best to replace them, it's about $60 in US.

·
Registered
QV 2.9
71 Posts
I know exactly what it is,
I had same issue, and I ended up disassembling my back half of my QV.
Seats, trunk, speaker amp, rear deck, suspension, and I couldn't find anything, until I took apart rear sway bar drop link.
It does sound like plastic rattle from inside of the car, and it sounds like as if it's coming from inside of the trunk, it was just worn link. Pump it with grease will help reducing noise almost 100%, though it will come back. Ultimately it's best to replace them, it's about $60 in US.
Do you have photo of part you replaced /greased? Or catalogue number

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
A sway/anti-roll bar link looks like this. It should be cheaper for the non QV.

Some pictures on this thread:

Not sure of USA part numbers. The Europe site refers to the same numbers for both Q4 and RWD:
OEM reference number(s) comparable with the original spare part number

• 505 43 807 — ALFA ROMEO
  • 505 48 354 — ALFA ROMEO

This is a warranty job really.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think it is too, but since my car is lowered I decided to troubleshoot by myself. I just couldn't imagine the type of noise it makes. It really sounds like plastic rattle... Totally different from bad front endlink caracralistic...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have noticed a vibration noise from the back of the car on certain rough surface roads, and over bumps. It sounds like a loose plastic panel vibrating. at first I thought it was behind the rear seat, possibly in the trunk tray. After a little observation from a rear seat passenger, we discovered the noise comes from the ceiling panel, which separated the front and rear sunroofs. Indeed, if I lightly thump it with my fingers, it vibrates and buzzes like a guitar string. the panel does not appear to be loose or improperly installed, just poorly supported.
Is anyone else having this problem?
You will need to turn the radio off to hear it.
Hello, I am having the same issue like you. When I put the hand in between the two sun roof windows (plastic panel) the vibration and noise disappear but when I remove my hand starts again. I don't think is coming from read axle but for the plastic panel in between of the two roof windows. Did you finally solve the problem? And how?

Thanks, it is super annoying.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello, I am having the same issue like you. When I put the hand in between the two sun roof windows (plastic panel) the vibration and noise disappear but when I remove my hand starts again. I don't think is coming from read axle but for the plastic panel in between of the two roof windows. Did you finally solve the problem? And how?

Thanks, it is super annoying.
From memory of a similar thread long ago: above the headliner between the sunroofs, a section of electrical harness detached from a mounting clip. The fix was simply to drop the headliner enough to gain access, then reattach the harness to the clip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts