Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I read the specs right, the sports exhaust on the QV only opens up in the Race mode, but not in the other three settings. Race mode is the mode that effectively cuts out all nannies and the selection most reviewers recommend not ever using on public roads.

To me, the sound of a sports sedan/car is a large component to the enjoyment of the vehicle, but it seems the QV drivers won't get to enjoy the sportier grunt unless you want to brave the sport setting. I would have hoped at least it would open up in Dynamic mode, and provide a separate button for it at best.

If I end up buying one after the test drive, I would be immediately looking for a hack to get around this.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think its impossible to tell until you hear one in the flesh. "Normal" exhaust mode to Alfa might equate to a gargling monster. For example, on the new C63 - the normal AMG exhaust is actually louder and more aggressive at start-up than the "performance" exhaust which is a $1500 option. Also, from the YouTube video's I've watched, the exhaust sounds pretty amazing - even when its just inching along during a photo shoot.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The new C63 from factory definitely sounds like all **** has broken loose... Amazing.

But it'll really come down to how it sounds in person initially, then after that, we can proceed to find a hack if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts