Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
​Dropped my car off for service issue yesterday, and I noticed when the car was sitting in the sun, (and it looked amazing btw...) that the actual "Gas" door had a blueish tint to it in certain light that looked totally different than the rest of the car. It went away as you moved, but there was significant difference from the door to the quarter panel in certain angles.

Was wondering if any other Vesuvio Grey owners have ever happened to notice this?
Could it be the different materials perhaps between the door and quarter?

Just curious.​

·
Registered
573 Posts
I haven't really noticed that about the door. Mine is Monte Carlo Blue. I will say that the gas door is the cheapest feeling part of the car that I have found so far. I am not sure why you would build something out of plastic that is going to get used as much as the gas door will. Just seems cheap to me.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I haven't really noticed that about the door. Mine is Monte Carlo Blue. I will say that the gas door is the cheapest feeling part of the car that I have found so far. I am not sure why you would build something out of plastic that is going to get used as much as the gas door will. Just seems cheap to me.
Can't say I have noticed it on mine, but it surely can be the material that can cause paint to have a different color. I do not expect that from a car this price though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts