Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after many months or searching i think i've made up my mind to go with a new '18 QV. Now i have a few questions in regards to negotiating the price more and for options on the car.
The car is currently in Montreal so it will have to be shipped over to here. They told me a customer ordered this car but couldn't wait any longer and got one off their lot so this one is available now.

It has the dynamic package, rosso comp. tricoat, sparco seats, carbon steering wheel and tecnico dark rims. Not sure if this would have Apple car play, but should i expect it to have it?

Also when i inquired about extended warranty, they told me that there is no concrete information on that as of right now so technically whenever that becomes available then i can purchase whichever package i'd like. Is this correct? How are they selling this car but dont know how the extended warranty works and how much it will go for?

Now as for pricing, since the car is already here technically, why would i still have to pay freight of $2595 and PDI of $1495? Has anyone on here been successful at negotiating that out of the price? I'm just trying to get the best deal possible, seeing as most of you guys south of the border getting like $8k off MSRP!

So all together before taxes it comes out to $102,500 Cdn. Is that a fair price for this car and options it has? Good deal or should i try to get it lower?

Thanks all in advance!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well, I don't know how Canada works with regards to dealership fees. Here you get a $600 or so 'dealership' fee. But you don't get charged for the pre delivery inspection. The destination fee here is about $1595. There is nothing that can normally be done with regards to those numbers, so I just focus on the getting the price down. I have seen on here where people are getting $8k-$10k off a car, but I'm not sure how common those are. Depends on how desperate they are to get rid of it and if they have made quota for the month. My dad bought a range Rover sport svr yesterday and got $6k off sticker. That's the most we have gotten off a car, but we normally order them. This was on their lot and not by their choice. Try hard balling them and if they don't play, walk away. They will come back to you if they want to make it work. But you might want to wait till the end of the month. It depends how much you want the car versus how much they want to sell it. If they know you 'want' the car, you will pay more for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I don’t know what a good deal is. Doc fees tough to get around and freight forget it. I agree if you can get $8k in USD on a 2018 consider yourself fortunate. There is only a few dealers that will offer than in the US.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
not to be a wise-guy but it is tough for us in the US to comment on QV pricing in Canada...don't know what is customary in a new car transaction
the car you describe stickers for $80,895 US dollars which is $104,908 Canadian

·
Registered
58 Posts
OP,

I wouldn’t expect to get much off of MSRP in Canada. The dealers in Toronto weren’t offering anything. I was able to get a nominal discount for my special order Quad, but nothing like what folks in the US are seeing.

Regards,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I expected no discount at all on my order, only the lack of a markup in the market last year. When other people were getting discounts because of slow sales, I informed my dealer that I had other options and expected to only pay MSRP. I think that was fair for us both since they accommodated my order, and made a fair profit via the MSRP. On top of that, however, I got wonderful service from the finance department and got a longer term loan than they were normally offering but at the same "best rate" as FCA was quoting nationwide. The dealer on the Automile has a good relationship with many local banks and national branches so I was able to put it together even though FCA preferred the shorter term. That was great. And we packaged in the road hazard protection, stolen vehicle recovery system and "gap" insurance in case of total loss (knock on wood). ;) While I have had had some issues along the way, overall and at this point, I am pleased with how things are going and feel good about "investing" and the return of the brand. I have seen visible signs of action and response to most issues that came up here at the major urban hub for the brand around Boston. There are other locations in the metro area with maybe a longer history and more premium associations, like the Maserati pairings, but corporate is definitely working on the big location on the Automile. Plenty of 500s and 124 Abarths here as well. They sold about 3-5 QVs including mine by January of this year.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
The freight price seems waaaay high, but then again, I'm not familiar with delivery fees in Canada. Pricing is up to the dealer. Like any car dealer, if the vehicle sits around on the lot for 2 months- anything is possible.

The car *should have functional Car Play being the '18 model year. Though, best to check it prior to delivery. Very early '18s left the factory "prepped" with no formal release for the software/hardware updates that have been promised to many '18 owners.

Other than that, you're looking at a highly optioned car. Go for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts