Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A new member based in the UK,
I have quite a few cars but recently added a Giulia Veloce to the stable, and really pleased to have done so.
already carried out a few mods, and loving my Alfa Romeo.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome mate, thanks for joining! We'd love to see some pics of your beauty when you get a moment and your other fun toys are always welcome to be discussed :) What got you into the Giulia?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
What's "TP"? Is that a model designation in the UK?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The UK has a high content of diesel engined cars, we have a Giulia model called a Speciale that is similar to a Ti / Veloce but with a 180hp diesel engine.
So TP was just to confirm Turbo Petrol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will send some photos soon,
I was planning to buy another BMW (330i M Sport), but decided to buy a Giulia Veloce/Ti instead.
It has had some great reviews here in the UK (deservedly), and whilst the build quality is not quite up to Germanic standards, the chassis, driveability and sheer fluidity of the Veloce /Ti makes you enjoy every drive.
UK Veloce/Ti is RWD only, and i have fitted 19" QV wheels and tyres and a cat back Ragazzon exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Cool! you're right in there with the mods. Meh.. too many BMW's in Blighty, you made the right choice though you have to use indicators now ;D Looking fwd to the pics and seeing those wheels

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Cool! you're right in there with the mods. Meh.. too many BMW's in Blighty, you made the right choice though you have to use indicators now ;D Looking fwd to the pics and seeing those wheels
And that's why I saw two Audis sitting on the side of the highway yesterday :grin2:

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
203 Posts
Will send some photos soon,
I was planning to buy another BMW (330i M Sport), but decided to buy a Giulia Veloce/Ti instead.
It has had some great reviews here in the UK (deservedly), and whilst the build quality is not quite up to Germanic standards, the chassis, driveability and sheer fluidity of the Veloce /Ti makes you enjoy every drive.
UK Veloce/Ti is RWD only, and i have fitted 19" QV wheels and tyres and a cat back Ragazzon exhaust.
I don't understand this nonsense about the Giulia 'not being up to German quality standards' (this seems to be the only negative mentioned by many reviewers). The fit, finish, and materials are better than my Audi A4 and most of BMWs I have driven and ridden in, certainly those selling at the same price points. I also PREFER the simpler tech of the Alfa controls. Most of the switch gear is from the same suppliers the Germans use and the industrial design is far superior on the Alfa. The driving experience is unquestionably on another level. My A4 feels like I'm driving a truck by comparison to the Alfa. I would agree that a Merc S Class is better, but so is a Maserati if you are spending that kind of money. So enough already!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Just an opinion though i'm with you. From the countless Audi's/BMW's I've driven I don't think they're any better. I tried the S4/A4 before getting the Alfa and the A4 had a fantastic interior with their new wrap around stuff but felt it was passionless and we both said we preferred the Alfa in every aspect. I haven't driven an M BMW mind though the M2 was more than I wanted to spend at the time. I still think it's odd for such a solid brand like BMW that it runs it's own breakdown car.. almost like they're expecting it ;D

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I don't understand this nonsense about the Giulia 'not being up to German quality standards' (this seems to be the only negative mentioned by many reviewers). The fit, finish, and materials are better than my Audi A4 and most of BMWs I have driven and ridden in, certainly those selling at the same price points. I also PREFER the simpler tech of the Alfa controls. Most of the switch gear is from the same suppliers the Germans use and the industrial design is far superior on the Alfa. The driving experience is unquestionably on another level. My A4 feels like I'm driving a truck by comparison to the Alfa. I would agree that a Merc S Class is better, but so is a Maserati if you are spending that kind of money. So enough already!
This. I had a Mercedes CLA class loaner and everything felt lower quality than the Giulia.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure its nonsense.

The quality of the materials used on the Alfa are not of the quality used in German cars. (all the reviewers cant be wrong)
The kick panel trims as you enter my car for example, are not of anywhere near BMW quality, one kick panel on my car has come unstuck.....
I have had 2 new bolts on the slam panel of the bonnet as they were rusty.

I am fortunate enough to also own a Longbeach Blue BMW M2, and a Sapphire Black X5 M50d, so i can compare with some sort of level of understanding.
I have however also owned, both a 156 and a 147 GTA, a GT Coupe, and a 159 Ti saloon, all of which had their quirks, but were still great cars and had so many good points.
However i must stress i really really like my Giulia and the way it drives, certainly some of its touches and technology are refreshingly simple and amazingly effective.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,903 Posts
I think it depends on what you are focusing on and what options are installed. Giulia's leather option dashboard is a work of art. Giulia's leather seat upholstery is Italian leather-'nuf said. The lower half of the door panels and the lower part of the seat trim, not so much.

I could do with fewer pieces covering the ring of the steering wheel. Some mfgs manage to cover the ring with a single piece of leather; a case of simple is better.

Regarding the tech, I've seen several Stelvio reviews vs other high-end SUVs. Stelvio: put it in gear, push the accelerator, point the car in the right direction, course completed. Don't fight the car, it "knows" what to do. Other SUVs: select the right road condition setting and "finesse" your way through the rough stuff. Course completed, but not any "better" than Stelvio. However, the Stelvio was just "get in it and go" while more effort was required with the other vehicles.

The same is hopefully true of Giulia: no need to independently select shock, steering, braking, engine and transmission responses, just point and go and the car will perform at least as well (if not better) as the competition.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Totally agree with Lockem s comments,
This new generation of Alfa Romeo really is a drivers car, and has a certain fluidity and ease of ability.
The Alfa Romeo Giulia engineers really deserve praise.

Photos of my Misano Blue Giulia Veloce with QV wheels fitted with 245/35 19 and 285/30 19 tyres, QV carbon boot spoiler.

Also another couple of my toys.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.