Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks really good! Do you mind sharing a link?

Also - which version of the Rim Blades are those? They look fantastic with the yellow calipers!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
I think the blocky lettering of the VELOCE badge does not do justice to the lines of Giulia. I think a script sticker in an appropriate color that can be PPFd or waxed over would be better.

Rim blades seem like a good idea, but I think I would go for something subtle like dark gray, black, or close to the paint color of the car. Put too many highlights and/or colors on the car and it becomes a "look at me" special rather than the piece of art that it should be.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here's the badge on the car at the Alfa museum I visited this past Sunday... and after seeing this color first hand it just doesn't do it for me. I actually do like the badge on your Giulia, but I would dip it in Anthracite gray only cause I have done that with most my accents in my MB Giulia.. motor on!

Attachments

Reactions: Giovanni Dicesare

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have to admit, there is no way I'd put a big chrome badge like that on my Giulia. One of the reasons I was drawn to the Giulia was its beautiful Italian styling and the absence of badges, especially along the fender lines..

But to each his own of course. I do think the tires are neat.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have to admit, there is no way I'd put a big chrome badge like that on my Giulia. One of the reasons I was drawn to the Giulia was its beautiful Italian styling and the absence of badges, especially along the fender lines..

Very distinctive and quite honestly, I thought it looked pretty unique in a good way, especially on blue. I hadn't seen it before, came here, googled it and found the thread.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

Very distinctive and quite honestly, I thought it looked pretty unique in a good way, especially on blue. I hadn't seen it before, came here, googled it and found the thread.
Back in the good old days, any Alfa badged with 'Veloce', was the faster, higher performance version, just below anything with the Quadrifoglio badge.

For our current Giulias, the Veloce hasn't been imported into the US. Veloce is a Euro version very similar to our Ti version. BTW, the Ti is not available in Europe.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Veloce will in US most likely be the 350HP version if it ever comes...

EU is completely different market because of substantially different and impactfull taxation patterns there, Veloce with 280HP would yield much higher taxes than 200HP based on power and CO2 emissions taxation schemes there....hence we dont even get 200HP here let alone the myriad of less powerful diesels, I am surprised they do not have even smaller gas engines there...

However using same traditional names in so different ways in global markets cause lots of confusion for brand followers...dont even get me started on the QV badge which is aditional dimension of Alfa’s confusing marketing....hopefuly the new pattern is here to stay and they will not next year introduce Q Oro as an equipment package lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts