Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, dropping off my 1 week old qv to a local shop for clear bra wrapping. wondering if anybody find the valet mode switch
or it doesn't have one. I'm worry about they r going to rave it hard before it brake in, parked. so speed limiter is not an opinion.
but will help in some point. let me know thanks

mitch

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
hi guys, dropping off my 1 week old qv to a local shop for clear bra wrapping. wondering if anybody find the valet mode switch
or it doesn't have one. I'm worry about they r going to rave it hard before it brake in, parked. so speed limiter is not an opinion.
but will help in some point. let me know thanks

mitch
Don't if there is or isn't a valet mode. Write down the milage and make a point at letting them know it. I can't see the need for them to put on any legitimate mileage.

·
Registered
658 Posts
While there are bound to be paint film places who joyride in customer cars. I think most are super careful to take the utmost care with your car and drive it no more than they absolutely have to. Their business depends on their reputation and the best places might be offended if you imply you are concerned they will abuse your car.

·
Registered
134 Posts
While there are bound to be paint film places who joyride in customer cars. I think most are super careful to take the utmost care with your car and drive it no more than they absolutely have to. Their business depends on their reputation and the best places might be offended if you imply you are concerned they will abuse your car.
Agree. Maybe just politely ask them if they will need to be driving the car for any reason other than into and out of the work area. You could even offer to take them out to "test the aerodynamics of the new ClearBra" when you return to pick it up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
BTW, the Sprint Booster ($300 plug in that eliminates drive-by-wire accelerator lag) DOES have a Valet mode. As far as I know, the Giulia doesn't have one built in. There is some good info on these devices (also Go Pedal and Pedal Booster) elswhere here on the forum.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agree. Maybe just politely ask them if they will need to be driving the car for any reason other than into and out of the work area. You could even offer to take them out to "test the aerodynamics of the new ClearBra" when you return to pick it up.
Thanks for all the replies. Joyriding is not the consern. Most worry about they park.the car but put.on race mode and rave the engine hard. Thats thw worst. Not enough cooling and hard wear on the engine. It should be okay this shop worked on lot of my car lot cars before.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
The 'key' only allows the Valet to lock and unlock the door. If the engine is still running, you can take the 'FOB' with you. When the Valet parks the car and turns off the engine, he can't restart it because the transmitter 'FOB' is not in the car.

- I don't really see this as a benefit. If the Valet want's to joyride in your car, they can if they do it prior to turning off the engine.
- If they have blocked cars in, and they usually do, they won't be able to shuffle your Giulia to get out another car.
- Should your Giulia stall the engine (and don't say it can't), it will be dead in the water and in the way.

If you don't trust the Valet service (and I have a hard time trusting them), don't allow them to park your car. I will let them park my Giulia, but i won't let them touch my 4C.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,437 Posts
Valeted my Giulia for the first time last night. The guys all but fought over who would drive it as I pulled up. They were full of compliments but unaware the dealership was a scant four miles down the road.

Reactions: Racer Z
1 - 9 of 9 Posts