271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Iowa does have this rule. I got an $87 ticket for the front plate. I recently bought a Hideaway plate, Now I can show it when a cop pulls me. It worked yesterday. Will send you some pictures or a video this eve.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Iowa does have this rule. I got an $87 ticket for the front plate. I recently bought a Hideaway plate, Now I can show it when a cop pulls me. It worked yesterday. Will send you some pictures or a video this eve.
Looking forward to seeing it!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
This is great. Now please tell us where to buy and how to install.
For sale on Amazon, look up hideaway plate or motorized plate or something to that extent. Expect it to break if you drive it in snow, lots of rain, etc. Not a durable product and of course you still need to drill into the bottom of the bumper to attach (although you won't see it). My friend has this on a Bentley Supersports and says he can do it manually as well, because he's lost the remote.

The Alfa9 plate holder is good, but removing quickly takes a bit of time. I find the Centerline mount can be taken off in seconds by unscrewing the screw that holds the holder to the tow hook mount. Of course, some people will just not do anything with the tow hook, and if that's you -- that's fine too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yet here in Vegas sometimes I think that even having a rear plate is optional....
I've gone front plateless in Vegas on my Giuia, Spider and on a Honda Pilot. And at work we don't even have front plates on our vehicles. But, you're right, it seems like any plates seem to be a chore for some folks here.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is great. Now please tell us where to buy and how to install.
Max was right, I bought it on Amazon. I do not ride my Giulia in the snow. Still, I just drive it carefully at parking lots. But this definitely helped me in saving money from getting tickets, as I got pulled over twice but by the time the cop came to me I was able to use the remote and pull it out. One of them asked me that I am driving without the front plate and I told him I have it on. He checked and said he did not observe it. But I would still be careful with snow.

Also found that if you are under 4 mph this wills et off the parking sensors, I do not use it unless if I see a cop around me.

If you buy it, do not open it when the cop is looking at it, just do it when he is behind and the lights are on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts