Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my first oil change about about a month ago with no issues. Last week I had the V27 recall done and a few days later my car suddenly shows I have too much oil. Since we don't have dipsticks, I can't confirm this, but given that I didn't add any oil and the car ran fine for a month before the recall, I'm sure it's a glitch.

I just got off the phone with the Service manager at my local dealer and he said I'm the 3rd person who's called in the last few days with a Max Oil level issues. I'm the first from their dealership but the common thread between me and the other two cars (serviced elsewhere) was that they also had the V27 recall done. He's digging more into this with regional techs, but has anyone else see this behavior?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is definitely a problem multiple people have reported according to my dealer. If you got the update, be on the lookout for a fix coming soon...so I'm told...

·
Registered
583 Posts
I’m afraid the V27 recall notice just arrived in our mailbox yesterday. Haven’t gotten a chance to schedule an appointment yet. Sorry you had to be a guinea pig!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Hehe, yeah. I just got the mail notice too but have been following it. Glad I didn't do it yet. I drove the car every day this week and to a wake and funeral as well. Lots of stop and go in the procession and car is doing great. Haven't used the cc since my trip home last month. Didn't notice any issues at all then, 800 miles round trip. I was in A mode most of the time on cc, so no where even close performance wise. The diffy probably didn't even care. ;) Great mileage too. Only one fuel stop each way.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Had mine done a week ago, letter came today. Will watch for max oil error.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the Maximum Oil Level Exceeded warning message last week. I took the car in for them to correct, and had them take care of the V27 recall then. So mine happened before the recall fix. They replaced the oil and the oil level sensor and handled the recall. The next day, however, I got the warning message again! Taking it back in on Monday.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If Boeing with all their technology and money can't fix their software flaws, we should perhaps be somewhat tolerant of auto manufactures' difficulty in perfecting auto software. So said, thus far my own Alfa has been perfect, easy for me to say.

On some of my older computers, at some point, after updates and updates, they eventually wouldn't work anymore.

Now, to hop into my Alfa, and drive into Charleston and pick up some cat food.

NV

·
Registered
583 Posts
RE: Boeing, one sensor, for a safety critical part, where they could have two, or even three. If they had three the computer could follow the other two whose measurements agree with each other. Sigh.....

If I get the oil light/issue I plan on draining some out. I’ll of course update all of you here but curious if anyone can think of any serious issues with trying that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Had the V27 recall done this morning. Checked the oil level on the screen and it’s one mark below maximum level. Will let you guys know....

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
My car is at the dealership waiting for me to pick it up after having both V27 and UB9 addressed. Items to check at pick up include oil level and 0-75 vs. 75-0 mpg.

But first I need to have a word with the service manager about dangerous driving by the dealership's shuttle driver. He got into a road rage incident with a guy in a purple Charger who seemed determined not to let the shuttle into the exit lane ahead of him. Instead of hanging back and pulling in behind the Charger, the shuttle driver floored it. As a result he missed the exit and then stopped. What he did next scared the sh*t out of me; he backed up. That's a never, never, never. Just go to the next exit and come around. For a couple of minutes, I thought the last thing I'd ever see was traffic flowing past us on both sides on the van's infotainment screen. I felt like kissing the ground when I got out of the van at my office. Scary!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds like a memorable ride, Chipshot! I had the V27 update done on both the QV and the Stelvio about 3 weeks ago. No issues with either car at this point.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had the V27 update last week and just checked the oil level indicator on the infotainment screen. All bars illuminated as opposed to slightly below before the update. So I assume that the oil level hasn’t changed, especially increased in just one week. Have those of you with the V27 oil indicator issue been getting error messages? Just curious...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Living in So Cal I never use cc, so I won’t get the update until there are at least 2 more recalls for other things...

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Living in So Cal I never use cc, so I won’t get the update until there are at least 2 more recalls for other things...

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”!
Smart thing. I made the mistake of having my oil changed at the same time...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts