Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am still getting used to the infotainment system in this car, it is quirky, it isn't super intuitive, but like anything else I feel like I will get used to it, and be able to use it as well as I like. What i don't like I just won't use. There are obvious limitations that won't ever change, at least in this generation of Giulia. Like not having a touch screen. That's not a software update!

Regardless one thing I can not figure out, is how to stop, or end navigation when using Waze. I use it every day going to and from work, however the address to my work isn't the same as where I need to park so I like to stop the navigation when I get close, or if when I am going home, once I get close I might need to run some errands, so I want to stop the navigation then as well.

I live in and commute in the Washington D.C. area so I use Waze to reroute me when it sees traffic getting messed up on the beltway ahead, it saves me at least once a week. Sending me another route before I even notice a slow down.

So I cannot figure out how to stop the navigation before I arrive. So far no voice command works. and I can't navigate to the menu on Waze using the knob. Any ideas, or suggestions?

"Stop navigation", "End Navigation", "end destination", "Stop Waze" so far none of them work as voice commands. eventually google assistant will come on and quote something it found on line, but it's never helpful.

·
Registered
203 Posts

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is there a button on the screen that seems like it should be accessible?

If turning the knob does nothing, try pushing up, down, left, or right. I noticed when I was test driving this let me access more on screen menus / controls through Android Auto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts