Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our MY 18 Giulia Ti came with a "USER GUIDE" book as well as warranty books.
On the inside cover of the USER GUIDE, it states:
For Owner's Manual and, Information and Entertainment System Manual and, Radio Manual, visit alfaromeousa.com
On that site I found a USER GUIDE and an OWNER'S MANUAL, that's all. They are similar, but significantly different.
I called the Customer Care 844 number and requested paper copies of OM, IESM, and RM.
Of course they prompted me to view them online. I replied that I prefer to read informative guides like these from paper copies, and would they PLEASE send them to me, even it meant that they have to print simple paper page copies and mail them to me. She replied that the would check into this and get back to me.
Sure enough, she returned my call in a day or two. She stated that she was sending me a 2018 OWNER'S MANUAL, and that she was still working on getting me paper copies of the other manuals. Sure enough, I just received a book the same size as my USER GUIDE that says OWNER'S MANUAL on the cover.
EVERYONE, please contact ALFA CARES and request paper copies of all the above manuals that we were not given with our new Giulias. Perhaps this will prompt them to create them and make them available to those of us that desire them.
Thanks,

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
249 Posts
Didn't see that in the User Guide. But I guess we think alike - I requested the paper copies yesterday from Alfa Cares. No response yet.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
things on paper are especially handy if you are on a trip or something, and your phone battery is dead, and you can barely read on the phone anyway.
and for general reference it's a heck of a lot more convenient.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I received my Owner's Manual from the dealer. They provided the UK version, so if I ever need to know anything about the 2.2L diesel engine, I'm set.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
@AlfaRomeoCares is who I think you're referring to.

Manuals can be found at Tech Authority:
https://www.techauthority.com/

I thought they had free user manuals, but now I see they charge for even the owners manual. The 2018 repair manual is not up yet. They had a lot of problems with the 2017 version, I know cause I bought one.

Inside the Infotainment Center is a user manual you can read. But, yes, if the car battery is dead, you're kind of hosed.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@AlfaRomeoCares is who I think you're referring to.

Manuals can be found at Tech Authority:
https://www.techauthority.com/

I thought they had free user manuals, but now I see they charge for even the owners manual. The 2018 repair manual is not up yet. They had a lot of problems with the 2017 version, I know cause I bought one.

Inside the Infotainment Center is a user manual you can read. But, yes, if the car battery is dead, you're kind of hosed.
Yes, I saw all of that as well. Luckily I was not charged for the OWNERS MANUAL.
Were you ever able to get a proper revised version of the 17 repair manual / disc?
I will continue to press for paper copies of the IESM and RM.
Maybe I'm old school, or just old, but I prefer a paper copy in front of me when I am sitting in the vehicle or standing at the open hood and trying to fix or learn about something vehicle related.
As I mentioned before, I would even accept a plain paper copy sent to me. It would be an exercise in frustration for me to try to print 200+ pages on my in-home inkjet printer. Heck, I'll even pay the shipping if they would print it and mail it to me.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you create an account at www.mopar.com you can download all the PDFs for the Giulia including the owners manual, users guide, information and entertainment system manual, quick reference guide, warranty manual, tire warranty, California emissions warranty supplement, etc. You can also buy the following printed materials:

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Owner's Manual Kit
Product Id: 1582340
Product Dimensions: 1.0000 in x 5.7500 in x 8.2500 in
Product Weight: 1.5800 lb
Availability: In Stock
PRICE: $85.00

This is the originally issued Owner Information kit for FCA US vehicles that was prepared to acquaint you with this specific vehicle. Included are the starting, operating, emergency, maintenance procedures, specifications, capabilities and safety tips. These include the recommended oil (and other vital fluids), fuel tank capacity, clock and radio setting, tires, routine maintenance, and specific options that may be on the vehicle. The Owner’s Information kit includes a User Guide, Quick Reference Guide, Warranty, Customer Arbitration/Lemon Law book, California Emissions Brochure, and Portfolio.

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Owner's Manual
Product Id: 18GABASE-126-AA
Product Dimensions: 0.7500 in x 8.2500 in x 5.7500 in
Product Weight: 0.7300 lb
PRICE: $36.00

This is the traditionally printed Owner’s Manual for FCA US vehicles that was prepared to acquaint you with this specific vehicle. Included are the starting, operating, emergency, maintenance procedures, specifications, capabilities and safety tips. This includes the recommended oil (and other vital fluids), fuel tank capacity, clock and radio setting, tires, routine maintenance, and specific options that may be on the vehicle.

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Information & Entertainment System
Product Id: 18C6588-526-AA
Product Dimensions: 0.2500 in x 8.2500 in x 6.0000 in
Product Weight: 0.1800 lb
PRICE: $16.00

This radio book will provide all of the information concerning the functionality of your radio. Included is detailed instructions on understanding its many features, such as tuning to a radio station, using a media device with the system, making calls from a synced phone, operation of the navigation system (If Equipped), learning Voice Recognition commands (If Equipped), and other specific operations that may apply to this radio and your vehicle.

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia User Guide
Product Id: 18GA-926-AA
Product Dimensions: 0.5000 in x 8.2500 in x 5.7500 in
Product Weight: 0.9850 lb
PRICE: $28.00

This is the user guide, it is a summarized color glossy print version of the full owner's manual. It includes information about new features and the essentials on how to operate your vehicle. These include the recommended oil (and other vital fluids), fuel tank capacity, clock and radio setting, tires, routine maintenance, and specific options that may be on the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes.
The Owner's Information Kit should have included the Information and Entertainment System manual.
I will continue to press them for a free copy.

Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yes, I saw all of that as well. Luckily I was not charged for the OWNERS MANUAL.
Were you ever able to get a proper revised version of the 17 repair manual / disc?
I will continue to press for paper copies of the IESM and RM.
Maybe I'm old school, or just old, but I prefer a paper copy in front of me when I am sitting in the vehicle or standing at the open hood and trying to fix or learn about something vehicle related.
As I mentioned before, I would even accept a plain paper copy sent to me. It would be an exercise in frustration for me to try to print 200+ pages on my in-home inkjet printer. Heck, I'll even pay the shipping if they would print it and mail it to me.
Well,... Back in August they mailed me a replacement disk, claiming it was the updated version. I haven't opened it yet. So, I have a vague, round about answer for you.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update.
Elizabeth at Alfa Care tried very hard to supply me with an INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM manual. She called me almost daily to keep me apprised of her efforts. Alas, she was unable, but, proposed an elegant solution. She proposed that I go to the www.techauthority.com site and order the manual, pay for it, and send her a copy of the invoice. Then, she will reimburse me in full. So that is what I did. She sent me Case # and a web address to scan and email the invoice to. Manual arrived in 3 days. It is the same size, and looks just like the USER and the OWNER'S manuals, just much thinner at 50 pages. The manual and shipping was $32.10 with the shipping almost as much as the manual, I seem to remember. Now, I wait for reimbursement.

Reactions: Tyresian

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Update.
Elizabeth at Alfa Care tried very hard to supply me with an INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM manual. She called me almost daily to keep me apprised of her efforts. Alas, she was unable, but, proposed an elegant solution. She proposed that I go to the www.techauthority.com site and order the manual, pay for it, and send her a copy of the invoice. Then, she will reimburse me in full. So that is what I did. She sent me Case # and a web address to scan and email the invoice to. Manual arrived in 3 days. It is the same size, and looks just like the USER and the OWNER'S manuals, just much thinner at 50 pages. The manual and shipping was $32.10 with the shipping almost as much as the manual, I seem to remember. Now, I wait for reimbursement.

That is good news. And such the opposite experience from what I received when I had problems (transmission issues) with my 4C. I had to keep calling them and ask what they were doing and when they would do it. I was told, "You don't need to know!" I eventually talk to a supervisor.

A few days later I got a call from a 'new' case worker who told me everything and answered all my questions. I seriously think somebody lost their job.

It's good to hear that AR is growing and maturing.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today, the reimbursement check for $32.10 arrived from FCA.
I am impressed.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
If one assumes they’re not printing stuff like the infotainment booklet in order to save money on stuff which 99% of people will never miss because they don’t read it anyway, it follows that they certainly would not print up a bunch just to have them sitting around for the .01% that would bother to ask for it. The other .09% is satisfied to have access to the PDF online.

The short of my point is not to get your panties in a wad over inavailability of a printed book. It’s 2018.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I still have not read any of my Giulia owner's manuals. I started to, but the redundancy and fine print killed me. My 4C on the other hand, I had read in it's entirety before I took delivery of the car. (was a much thinner manual too LOL)

·
Registered
869 Posts
The Giulia manual is almost useless anyway since so much of what it says is either wrong, they changed the way it works, or the system just isn't available in the car, touch pad.

It's a strange manual to say the least.

·
Registered
647 Posts
2017 Infotainment Manual

My 2017 Giula Q4 came with all the manuals, User's Guide (owner's manual) Warranty guide and the Infotainment manual (2017 INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM). My dealer did something right!

Here is a link. Not sure what Marelli 88 means.

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...s/Giulia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-Radio-3rd.pdf

PS: For extra copies I have my second Brother inkjet printer/black and white, less than $100. They last forever, print out B&W copies very fast. Duplex printing, both sides. I buy the printer paper at Costco and toner online. Very handy for printing out anything other than color photos, prints tutorials, manuals, etc. So many electronic items don't come with printed manuals these days. This might be an upgrade of the same workhorse printer, I'm in Japan right now. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer with Duplex Printing ... currently $88.25 at Amazon, US.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
497 Posts
I was looking for this manual, the last time I tried to enter an address it kept asking for "intersection" which I didn't know what to enter, and I couldn't see where to select "start navigation". The manual isn't much help with this. Has anyone else seen this issue or know how to get past it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts