Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey community! I will soon have about 30k to spend on a 2017 used giulia...I love to drive and I may just have to have one!

Like many, I have some concerns about reliability—it seems that a lot of folks had problems until they got certain software updates...what should I look for to determine whether a Giulia I’m interested in has been well sorted yet? Specific software updates and what else? Also, I won’t buy a car without a sunroof, yet sunroof mechanism failure seems to be a widespread problem...are folks getting that figured out?

Lastly, I live in a rural area in Northern California hundreds of miles away from a dealer. I’m wondering if Alfas are ever serviced at Dodge dealers?! There is one locally. I haven’t called anybody to find that out. It just seems that these wonderful cars are a bit temperamental...am I foolish to buy one without a nearby dealer?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought my Giulia Q4 in January 2017. First one sold in Birmingham, and likely first sold in Alabama. Have 36,000 absolutely flawless miles. Fantastic driver's car. Had some software updates when taken the car for service.
The dealer has been very good and responsive. I got a loaner car (Stelvio and a Maserati Levante: I would not trade the Giulia for either!)) when the car was at the dealer for scheduled service.
I am now waiting for a new windshield replacement. Four weeks so far, and part still not available.
Overall, excellent car. No negative issues. Stunning looks and performance. Good dealership response.
My next will be the QV.
Believe some Dodge dealers may service Alfas, but you have to check with the individual dealer. Not in my area.

·
Registered
253 Posts
As for software, as long as it has had the T57 update, you should be all good there. As for the sunroof, I haven't heard of any issues there before but I could be wrong. I have a sunroof on my 2017 Ti and haven't ever had any issues with it. And as for general reliability, I have had zero issues with my car and I have found that the vast majority of people have had similar experiences. Every new car is gonna have it's issues here and there, but I think Alfa has done a lot better in the reliability area than people give it credit for. Finally regarding dealers, I doubt any FCA dealers other than actual Alfa dealers are capable of doing annual servicing, but it wouldn't hurt to look into it I guess. Personally, I love the car so much, being a bit far away from the dealer wouldn't even faze me in deciding to buy the car. If you decide to go for it, I doubt you'll ever regret it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I appreciate the responses. One of my cars is a 1987 Saab 900 Turbo...I’ve been wondering which modern car I would be able to afford that might be as interesting and full of character...can’t wait to test drive a Giulia!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts