Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I posted here about a month ago about purchasing an Alfa Romeo. I am currently looking at another and was hoping to see if you guys think this is a good price. They said this is the lowest they will go and they are only doing it because they need to clear inventory since almost no ones buying cars during the crisis.

The car is going for $27,869 and has 28,167 miles.

I asked him to cover the 30k maint. for the car and he will replace the spark plugs and replace the belt along with the other recommendations from the Alfa Romeo Manuel. To me this is a good deal and was hoping for a 2nd opinion. This is my first car purchase on my own (I was driving an old Honda from parents).

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Honestly it's just an OK price.....I would continue to look around...lots of these are coming off lease and they will be popping up everywhere soon.

·
Registered
717 Posts
$51.6K MSRP x 0.70 (1st year) x 0.82 (2nd year) = $29.6K, in theory. So the $27.9K they are asking sounds decent. 28K miles in two years is also decent. It still has 2 years left (or 22K miles) in the original warranty which gives you 1.5 years of coverage in case something major happens. They are doing the 30K miles maintenance for free, which is a good add to the deal. If the CarFax is 100% clean, knowing it is a fully loaded 2018 Ti Q4, and if you like the color, interior and wheels, I vote YES.

·
Registered
80 Posts
...knowing it is a fully loaded 2018 Ti Q4, and if you like the color, interior and wheels, I vote YES.
It's missing a few packages - Driver Assist Dynamic Plus Package (including adaptive cruise control), leather package (leather dash, etc) and adaptive headlights. Still nicely optioned though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I
Honestly it's just an OK price.....I would continue to look around...lots of these are coming off lease and they will be popping up everywhere soon.
have
It's missing a few packages - Driver Assist Dynamic Plus Package (including adaptive cruise control), leather package (leather dash, etc) and adaptive headlights. Still nicely optioned though.
The leather dash and lights would have been nice but it has been hard trying to find any alfas in a 500 mile radius with the performance package (NY). I had a blast driving it during the test drive

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$51.6K MSRP x 0.70 (1st year) x 0.82 (2nd year) = $29.6K, in theory. So the $27.9K they are asking sounds decent. 28K miles in two years is also decent. It still has 2 years left (or 22K miles) in the original warranty which gives you 1.5 years of coverage in case something major happens. They are doing the 30K miles maintenance for free, which is a good add to the deal. If the CarFax is 100% clean, knowing it is a fully loaded 2018 Ti Q4, and if you like the color, interior and wheels, I vote YES.
Do you know how I ask for guaranteeing the 30k maint? Is it just I need it in writing when I put the deposit down?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Do you know how I ask for guaranteeing the 30k maint? Is it just I need it in writing when I put the deposit down?
I think it's good practice they write everything down anywhere in the contract, invoice or any paper. Their word during the negotiation and purchasing processes should be enough but, one never knows. Ask if the 30K miles complementary maintenance deal will be accepted at any other dealer (I doubt it) and make sure of that. To be safe, I would ask to do the maintenance right away, before taking the car from the dealership, with 28K miles. You saw that I missed a couple of packages, in my previous comment.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When I started looking in May of last year, there were used 18 Sports for a little under 30k with less than ten thousand miles on them. None of them were Q4s or with Performance but, still, seems like more miles than I'd like. Agree that you'll see more inventory coming out. That bit about why they are offering it at this price is garbage.

I bought a brand new 18 Q2 for $32k last July. I wouldn't be surprised if you see great deals on stale 19 inventory around that time: especially with the current economy. Lack of 2020 shipments might keep that from being as aggressive as before, however.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm writing this as a stream of consciousness, so a bunch of disorganized un-sequenced thoughts. Sorry about that.

Yeah these two opposing points are important. Not sure anyone has an answer today on which of the two alternatives will win. But as @Kingsfan17 says, stale inventory pricing is way below the ground and Alfa has suffered from excess supply issues where they had 18 month old cars on dealer lots in the past. And as he notes, opposing this is the factory shut downs which take awy from stale inventory pressure. I wonder if anybody has any information on how YoY numbers compare on last year left overs. But there were other threads where people talked about how Jan was an unusually strong numbers month for Alfa.
I wouldn't be surprised if you see great deals on stale 19 inventory around that time: especially with the current economy. Lack of 2020 shipments might keep that from being as aggressive as before, however.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Are you getting it from an Alfa dealer or other place? I was going to look up the vin for you (beyond CarFax) but it seems to be cut off from window sticker.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Is this a typical tactic, send pictures minus VIN? I recall seeing one like this before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts