Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very excited when I first read that Quadrifoglio weighs around 3400 lbs. but I've seen one of the magazines report that the US spec car weighs around 3800 lbs. I can see a hundred lbs. difference due to equipment differences but 400? Does anyone know where that 400 lbs. is from?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was very excited when I first read that Quadrifoglio weighs around 3400 lbs. but I've seen one of the magazines report that the US spec car weighs around 3800 lbs. I can see a hundred lbs. difference due to equipment differences but 400? Does anyone know where that 400 lbs. is from?
U.S. safety and equipment, also not sure if fluids were included in the 3400. The one I sold had a ship weight of 3700. Drove one yesterday for training. Loved it. I own a BMW, I like the M3, the C63 felt really heavy in corners and the Giulia was brilliant. It's the x factor that no specification can explain.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does anyone know where that 400 lbs. is from?
The Italians traditionally quote "dry" weight. That's the vehicle weight without any fluids like gas, coolant, oil, freon, etc. That's 200-250 pounds right there. The rest is the lighter European version, manual transmission, and probably the lighter options (Sparco seats + cc brakes).

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
If anyone is near a drag strip, they typically have a weigh-in scale. Call ahead and they will accommodate you.

Also, if you know of any road racing garages or specialty enthusiast garages nearby, they may have "corner-weighting" scales. Would be interesting to see how well balanced these cars from the factory in terms of actual wheel weight and cross-weights.

·
Registered
418 Posts
That's great!

I hope Alfa does a some of these for customers, at least in select locations.

Jaguar did one (drive + Auto-X) for intro of the XE last year about this time and BMW has these semi-regularly.

Looking forward to test driving the Ti back-to-back with my 335i.
Yes that would be awesome! Austin store mentioned that it would be fun for them, my store and some other Texas store's to get together and do an event at COTA sometime down the road. Of course I was a big fan of that idea. Btw (35w) High Output Xenons are late availability probably March ordering on the Ti, standard on QV, not available on Giulia.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes that would be awesome! Austin store mentioned that it would be fun for them, my store and some other Texas store's to get together and do an event at COTA sometime down the road. Of course I was a big fan of that idea. Btw (35w) High Output Xenons are late availability probably March ordering on the Ti, standard on QV, not available on Giulia.
+1 on doing an event at COTA...

Thanks for the note on the 35W Xenons - I was going to ask about that. IMO those are self-leveling and also come with auto-high beam (and maybe vectoring direction with steering).
Is it same on the silver 5-hole wheels (late availability)?

BTW, in feedback to AR, here are a few things not available on Giulia that I hope they have in the pipeline:
- Surround View
- HUD
- LED headlights

I have the first two in my MY12 335i and do like them, though not a deal-breaker for me to get a Giulia.

Finally - did you hear anything about CarPlay / Android Auto?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I will check on the silver 5-hole Monday. Not sure on those. They are vectoring, led cornering lights illuminate under 25mph and vectoring begins at 35+ mph. I'll reach out on apple/android CarPlay. System in prespec cars does not have it. Believe the Stelvio system will so it's definitely coming soon. Oh and the 18in sport package and perfomance package are being combined to make the performance plus package you mentioned a couple months ago. Also the upper dash and doors leather package is included with the lusso package but is also offered as a stand alone. Similar to FCW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts