Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
OK, its finally coming! The C&D review noted short seats for thigh support. That is big trouble for me; however, I've seen online photos of the 2.0T version fitted with seats with the thigh-extension so hopefully "sport seats" will be an option.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Top Gear review
http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/alfa-romeo/20-tb-4dr-auto/first-drive

the interesting part:
"...when the Veloce appears in the US, it will be powered by yet another version of the engine, a 345bhp, 48V unit with an electric turbocharger."

"Plus we hear the central controller that felt a bit flimsy on the Quad was just pre-prod quality, and has already been upgraded in production versions of all Giulias, so that’s one of the few gripes dealt with already."

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just saw that review as well. This is good news for the US Veloce model - I was afraid they would tune the turbo for max power at the expense of some lag (as some have mentioned on the V6). But electric turbo would keep boost up to reduce lag.

I presume 48V is for electrical system (Volts) and not valves. Not sure how to get 12 valves per cylinder.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just saw that review as well. This is good news for the US Veloce model - I was afraid they would tune the turbo for max power at the expense of some lag (as some have mentioned on the V6). But electric turbo would keep boost up to reduce lag.

I presume 48V is for electrical system (Volts) and not valves. Not sure how to get 12 valves per cylinder.
Yep, 48V stands for the system voltage. Traditional 12V typically isn't enough to power the electric turbo.

The 2016 Audi SQ7 appears to be the first production car to have a 48V electric turbo system. Will be interesting to follow in terms of performance and reliability as more car makers begin to adopt this topology in high volume.

·
Registered
288 Posts
A compound boost setup on this thing would be insane. No way you'd be able to keep those rear wheels hooking without running a small tire (10.5) drag radial.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts