Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Beautiful... the more sales, the more promise for future models and updates ;)

Does anyone know if there is going to be any 2018 changes btw?

·
Registered
296 Posts
That's around 4 per dealer for the month - so each dealer is averaging one sale a week.
Momentum should continue to build for a while I would think.
The Super Bowl timing of the advertising was a bit off as they had no inventory.
My dealer is loaded with inventory now so that should help (minus the QV of course).
With inventory they can hopefully get close to color and options customers want to sell em off the lot.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
And about 30% increase in one month. Nice.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Any car dealer/salesmen in the house?

Is 1 car a week (for a brand like this) good, or at this volume, are dealers strongly motivated to move more?

Trying to gauge possible negotiating power with dealer for car on lot.

·
Registered
343 Posts
So why then do I have the only one in DFW? Well maybe not the only one, but I have yet to see another one.
And I drove from Vegas to Orange County, CA, and back for Memorial Day weekend. Not another Giulia to be seen. Not on the highway, not in SoCal. Not in the miles long traffic back up of cars heading back to CA from Vegas on Monday.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Is 1 car a week (for a brand like this) good, or at this volume, are dealers strongly motivated to move more?

Trying to gauge possible negotiating power with dealer for car on lot.
One car a week per dealership is horrible. Some of these dealerships have invested upwards of $2million dollars in new facilities to sell AR (alongside Maserati in some cases). Plus you have the service staff to pay salaries on (although maybe with Maserati they stay busy enough!).

Dealers are all over the map on pricing. My nearest dealer won't budge from MSRP... claims these cars have no margins and if he sells it for less than MSRP he won't be able to keep the lights on in the dealership. Screw him. All it took was a few more emails and found a dealer that said they'll sell a custom order Giulia Ti for invoice without even mentioning it. Which makes Alfa Romeo of Rochester NY look really pathetic for trying to make customers take pity on them and pay $1000s more for a the same car. Now all I'm waiting on is for their June allocation period to open up, hopefully this coming week.

Some dealers get it, some don't. Car sales is purely about volume and capturing the customer. As long as they're genuinely not losing money on the deal, they should be doing everything they can to make the sale. On a car like the Giulia, with a relatively small dealer network, whenever a dealer turns down a deal they actually risk driving that customer completely to another brand. Some potential customers aren't going to be willing to look at other dealers if they consider to big of an inconvenience. If it wasn't a volume based business, the car companies wouldn't bother publishing monthly statistics on the number of units sold!

On the Giulia and Giulia Ti, you should be able to get invoice or slightly better pricing with very little work.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't think it's horrible. It's what they signed up for. To bring back a brand that left the land 20 years ago with a baggage they are actually doing OK. If the uptrend continues they will have a a reasonable volume in 4-6 months. Restarting a brand takes time and money and everyone knows it.

If there is a criticism to move to AR I found that on the lots there are tons of Giulias with horrible options. Uncoordinated colors, no paddles, horrible wheels.

It doesn't cost them anything extra to order RWD with red or tans interiors and staggered wheels. What about some Ti leather packages and Ti Performance packages?

·
Registered
296 Posts
My dealer felt his hands were tied against BMW and Mercedes due to the (uncompetative) lease deals they offered.
Now it seems Alfa has a new lease deal that should help.

It is an unknown brand in the US for most people so it will be incremental sales increases over time.

Most car shoppers want a sport ute - when the Stelvio hits they should get some volume for sure.

I am content with a lower-volume brand.
I am trading in my Camaro ZL1 - GM only sells 5,000 or so of these a year but sell around 100,000 Camaros and 40,000 Corvettes. It will be nice to be a bit exclusive at last for a while.

That's one reason I enjoy my 1st generation Viper - they only made around 10,000 total (bad part is there are few parts available except engine parts). Everyone knows a Viper - but they are quite rare.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,735 Posts
Last week my local Alfa/Maserati dealer had 10 cars on display including 1 QV. Today they only have 4, all the most basic versions. I was hoping they might have gotten one with the sport options, but now suspect it would sell so fast I would not get a chance to see it. Somebody is selling them here in Tesla country. They also had a Maserati (I didn't check the model, but it sure had a nice premium white paint job) out front clearly prepared for customer delivery.

I have only seen one Giulia on the road, being driven to/from said dealership.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Awesome. I am so excited to order now I may call August a non build month and move my order date up to September! I have only seen 2 on the road. A Quad at a Ferrari event and a Ti at an Alfa event. Not really on the open road.

·
Registered
440 Posts
interesting to know % of QV and nonQV
+1.

I'm interested to know the sales volume of the Quadrifoglio. Or just how many have been brought into the USA.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Saw a Quad

On Saturday I saw my first Giulia on the road in Manhasset NY....Crossing Plandome Road...it was a red Quad like mine but he had the silver Technico wheels....

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,474 Posts
I expected a lot more. Hopefully we are in the thousands in the next month or 2.
What's your hurry? Why not enjoy the exclusivity/notoriety a little longer?

Reactions: 407Guy
1 - 20 of 22 Posts