Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in 3-4 months ago to get a Quad and of course all sold out. I went ahead and bought the Giulia Q4, fantastic car. Still longing for the Quad. Reading all the posts from the guys here who have the Quad did not help one bit. My dealer had one in which the customer backed out of. What to do with the trade in? The dealer did not have any history in which to price out my trade in. The original sticker on my car was around 51k. I called another dealer and over the phone he offered 37k- that was not going to happen, take a 12k hit in 3-4 months! Went to CarMax and was offered 44.5k, not bad, however I would be stuck with full state taxes when I bought the new car. That would have actually set me back 3k. Since I had a relationship with my dealership they offered 43k and I ended up taking a net 4k loss over the time I had the Giulia. So hopefully the base Giulia's will retain their value in time. Will pick up Quad later tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
4k isn't bad at all in my view! Let us know the insider experience having owned both.

I'm considering the QV in two/three years but i'll keep my Q4 (more so the wife will) and mod it hopefully to around 400ish.. least that's the current plan finances permitting :)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes I would say the same thing! It took some courage to do the research and I think you see it's not too bad. I put 2K down as a deposit so that's half the loss right there. If I back out, that's what I lose. Not gonna happen by the way ;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Went in 3-4 months ago to get a Quad and of course all sold out. I went ahead and bought the Giulia Q4, fantastic car. Still longing for the Quad. Reading all the posts from the guys here who have the Quad did not help one bit. My dealer had one in which the customer backed out of. What to do with the trade in? The dealer did not have any history in which to price out my trade in. The original sticker on my car was around 51k. I called another dealer and over the phone he offered 37k- that was not going to happen, take a 12k hit in 3-4 months! Went to CarMax and was offered 44.5k, not bad, however I would be stuck with full state taxes when I bought the new car. That would have actually set me back 3k. Since I had a relationship with my dealership they offered 43k and I ended up taking a net 4k loss over the time I had the Giulia. So hopefully the base Giulia's will retain their value in time. Will pick up Quad later tonight.
was it by any chance in greensboro?

Pretty sure I drove a Q4 that was traded in for a Q today. I drove down there to get software updates and they gave me a grey one for loaner. they have been using that as a demo car. if so, what a small world!!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yes I would say the same thing! It took some courage to do the research and I think you see it's not too bad. I put 2K down as a deposit so that's half the loss right there. If I back out, that's what I lose. Not gonna happen by the way ;)
Was your order accepted by AR?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Was your order accepted by AR?
Don't know yet DMD. Thanks for asking though. It's just 1 week today and I haven't called or anything.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Don't know yet DMD. Thanks for asking though. It's just 1 week today and I haven't called or anything.
Cool, it will be our own little race to see whose order is accepted first!?

OP, congrats on the QV!

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Color: Alfa Red (previous color was white)

Getting Clear bra tmrw, will post pics this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts