Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
proxi is similar mods of course leaving all stelvio or trim dependant bits untouched. i did this twice in stelvios. only hub installation is 2h extra job due to need of unbolting underneath the tunnel. im on travel right now but layter can advise what to change in proxi exactly
If you do have the proxi keys to the Stelvios to change, please post them here! Thanks!

·
Vendor
3,366 Posts
In short you change hub to dual but with compatible to AA, here are my records, all compatible
156138299 NAFTA 156143958EMEA -> 156147799 -> K6QW48DX8AC -> K7AQ67DX8AA
then you go to proxi, right Alt+C on last tab.
byte 115 must be 0x15 (dual with aux), so if different change it (single are 0x14)
byte 157 you need to set lowerst bit, so e.g. in EU GIulia 0x30 change to 0x31, in EU Stelvio 0xB0 you change to 0xB1 - this adds mirroring function
byte 161 in both cases change to 0x3 - this allows AA and ACP
byte 163 I do not think needs change, but I set it just in case to what I had with stock AA/ACP to 0x02 (giuliaforums said about 0x1A which acoording to my proxi info has no function in these cars)
giuliaforums also said byte 174 to 0x02 but in my stock car I had this 0x00 as well my proxi records have no funciton for that byte in pre-facelifts. I do not set that one to customers and a few activated sucessfully
after you do change, OK, then run proxi, when done, power down for say 1.5minute so all dash and radio fan (later) gets quiet, then after this you can go to Witech2 and activate in ETM Carplay option which enables both AA and ACP.

All parts can be purchased here to do the job:

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you do have the proxi keys to the Stelvios to change, please post them here! Thanks!
Given them to Alfissimo yesterday, see already email posted above :)

Reactions: Beta Romeo

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have to have the Multiscan to edit the Procsi values. I've never seen the ability to actually edit the Procsi with the Witech. But, yes, Multiscan works with almost any cheap-o pod and is a pretty great program overall.
Hey Beta Romeo.. I scheduled a “service” on Tuesday!

·
Registered
3 Posts
dealership:
"It's going to cost $1,157 to run the codes because each code takes an hour. Estimating 5 hours and can't guarantee it will work"

The only part I understand about this is "can't guarantee." I don't know how long it takes to run codes either but I assume nobody here paid a four digit price to run codes?

Is it just me or is the rest wildly unreasonable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dealership:
"It's going to cost $1,157 to run the codes because each code takes an hour. Estimating 5 hours and can't guarantee it will work"

The only part I understand about this is "can't guarantee." I don't know how long it takes to run codes either but I assume nobody here paid a four digit price to run codes?

Is it just me or is the rest wildly unreasonable.
that's wildly unreasonable. Find a dealer or a tech willing to help you out. I guess they donn want to do anything to help the brand in the US.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guys, I read through all the posts here. All is more or less clear but one thing.
I checked my proxy (Giulia 2017) and I've just 157 bytes there. How on earth should I modify bytes that are further down like 161, 163, 174 etc?
Please only proven solutions.
Thanks, Alex

·
Registered
742 Posts
Guys, I read through all the posts here. All is more or less clear but one thing.
I checked my proxy (Giulia 2017) and I've just 157 bytes there. How on earth should I modify bytes that are further down like 161, 163, 174 etc?
Please only proven solutions.
Thanks, Alex
expand your proxi to all 250 bytes - just write zeros "00" until you reach 250 bytes.
also you can modify byte 106 which tells proxi length to "FA", your's should read "9D" if you have 157 bytes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
expand your proxi to all 250 bytes - just write zeros "00" until you reach 250 bytes.
also you can modify byte 106 which tells proxi length to "FA", your's should read "9D" if you have 157 bytes.
Thanks!
Actually yes, it's infact 9D (which is in fact the hex for 157, while FA is the hex for 250):
Rectangle Font Technology Circle Pattern

There's no risk to brick the car, right? Like if there's some memory limitation into some of the modules that wouldn't accept 250 bytes...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thanks!
Actually yes, it's infact 9D (which is in fact the hex for 157, while FA is the hex for 250):
View attachment 116474

There's no risk to brick the car, right? Like if there's some memory limitation into some of the modules that wouldn't accept 250 bytes...
it's computer - there is always risk. however never heard anyone to brick it nor had such experience.

in worst case scenario you'll have to visit dealer to restore original proxi. also you could visit dealer for latest updates - can't tell which body software number but with some update body proxi gets expanded to full 250 bytes.

261 - 272 of 272 Posts