Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
241 - 260 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes dealer have try whit witech ENABLE Carplay in ETM but not work.
Usb Port it's new Brand for carplay.
In order 115 157 161 163 174 my default proxy it's 14 B0 00 00 00
Now in other stelvio Q4 i see 15 B1 03 00 00 (test but not work) carplay ever OFF

·
Registered
200 Posts
so dealer tried to enable before you modified bytes 115,157,161,163,174 and put new hub? If so without more advanced tools (heard CDA6 tool) you can't get this ETM back to enable AA/ACP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes dealer first buy etm new brand and Panasonic touch screen. Km blinck on IPC and he use witech for proxy allign online download default proxy from fca server whit carplay off chassis 2017 in this year stelvio carplay not exist. And km IPC stop blinck. Try to enable carplay option in witech mtm menu but ever off. From this moment he contact me for solve problem. First step buy and install correct usb hub ports aa+acpa. My first action it's download default proxy config and mod famous 5 adress. Now I ma in stalled situations. You can confirm my correct value in crescent address order it's
15 B1 03 00 00
Or
15 B1 03 02 00
I think all this 2 option can work in my multimedia config. For unlock ETM in factory config (fca reseller guaranteed new brand unit it's just aa+cp enable) but now I think best option it's before mod proxy byte value and only after proceed to do offline proxy allign. I don't know cda6 tools. I am in contact whit marelli senior engineering chief of BCM MM software but he not know how to unlock or restore etm. Only know how to BCM comunicate software low level whit ETM but not know content sw of ETM unit.
Hi hope my post can help other user want try 3gen infotainment in 1gen cars. Bee carrefoul

·
Registered
200 Posts
they shouldnt try to enable aa/acp before manual proxi mods were done and changed- your headunit is now locked in terms of aa/acp. maybe with help of mm guy you get solution, but probably you need dome engineering tool or find other trick to get your headunit reset. let us know how this goes forward.

in terms of proxi mods one of these you listed, not sure though which, i think though impirtant for avoiding failed activation are bytes 157 which is about projection mode (bit 0 must be set 1 tgats why change B0 to B1) and 161 which is allowing aa+acp (value 03), presence of hub may also be must - you know what we know is empirical way we know/proven works

·
Registered
4 Posts
@epsonix have you firmware update for my etm nv-119? I want try to update and hope this update reset etm in default status and restore carplay. Have you connection pinout etm for jlink?

·
Registered
200 Posts
updates do not unlock etm, we tried that and many other things when my friend did not talked to me and locked etm similar as you in 2019 when he got warranty replaced etm in his 2017 giulia and ask dealer for activation.
i think only engineering tools can reset, one of them I heared is cda6

updates you find on alfaowner.com in giulia subforum, infotainment update thread post 1 - but as I said, waste of time

·
Registered
6 Posts
updates do not unlock etm, we tried that and many other things when my friend did not talked to me and locked etm similar as you in 2019 when he got warranty replaced etm in his 2017 giulia and ask dealer for activation.
i think only engineering tools can reset, one of them I heared is cda6

updates you find on alfaowner.com in giulia subforum, infotainment update thread post 1 - but as I said, waste of time
I'm getting a warranty replacement infotainment screen and ETM unit for a 2017 Giulia and I want to know what are the steps to unlock Carplay? Is there something I need to tell dealer to do or not do? What are the best steps to make sure I don't get locked out of carplay?

Thank you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
First it is very good chance you will get 1st generation replacement - currently they rather offer factory refurbished used units - reason likely they have plenty of such in stock from times when they replaced them due too not mature firmware issues.

If you get lucky and receive 2ng gen infotainment:
Every steps and cautions are well written in this thread too many times, probably no need to repeat again in details. In short at this stage they MUST NOT touch anything as they will lock AA/ACP forever to be inactive. They only do proxi to get your unit register in the car stop odo blinking etc. To activate AA/ACP, you need change USB hub for AA/ACP compatible, do proxi modifications of 4 bytes with 3rd party tool like MES, run proxi, and only then visit dealer and get Carplay setting toggled to ON in ETM module.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a lot of discussion on this thread from those who have pulled it off but I can tell you from my experience it is much more challenging than it seems. I had a warranty replacement done on my 2017 but could never get past the proxi change in Multicuscan. The new radio unit didn't allow Multicuscan to connect. Tried to contact Multicuscan but they don't return customer service e-mails or calls. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
First it is very good chance you will get 1st generation replacement - currently they rather offer factory refurbished used units - reason likely they have plenty of such in stock from times when they replaced them due too not mature firmware issues.

If you get lucky and receive 2ng gen infotainment:
Every steps and cautions are well written in this thread too many times, probably no need to repeat again in details. In short at this stage they MUST NOT touch anything as they will lock AA/ACP forever to be inactive. They only do proxi to get your unit register in the car stop odo blinking etc. To activate AA/ACP, you need change USB hub for AA/ACP compatible, do proxi modifications of 4 bytes with 3rd party tool like MES, run proxi, and only then visit dealer and get Carplay setting toggled to ON in ETM module.
thank you, it seems the danger is when dealer changes CarPlay activation to on or off before all necessary preparations are made?
So instructions to dealer are “please don’t touch CarPlay activation option?”

·
Registered
200 Posts
yes

·
Registered
200 Posts
No, but I heard with Witech you would see it already Off - that is what I heard from guy who locked ETM not doing correctly activation (straight ON attempt after replacing ETM). But I would be affraid mentioning dealer to check this, as what if they try to activate, misunderstood, accidentially accept - better do not guide them to look there at all. First anyway it is important to check what generation unit will be put in, if MV002.xxx.xxx then no path at all for adding AA/ACP with OEM hardware/method we discussing here now

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello, I didn't understand anything! then what firmware version can you do? and then the usb port must be replaced by force or does it work on the standard one? and above all because after making the change with multiecuscan why align with the Fiat software? is this important?

·
Registered
200 Posts
whats your question, what is your firmware/hardware status? thread is long, there are various cases, there is no just one simple answer/hint for everybody

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 Stelvio and just installed the Giulia/Stelvio Infotainment unit and the Giulia dual USB hub from Alfissimo.
When I arrived at the dealership the tech there told me "three people tried to do this already and it failed for all of them."
But I didn't get a lot of info on those three people's setups. I decided not to risk an irreversible programming mistake and cancelled my appointment.

Reading through this thread, it sounds like one step that's missing and maybe the dealer wouldn't have thought to do either is to change bytes...something something PROSCI something MES?

Not sure but it sounds like no one has done this successfully with a Stelvio, only a Giulia?

Wondering if I should just have the original unit reinstalled and cut my losses now.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
I have a 2018 Stelvio and just installed the Giulia/Stelvio Infotainment unit and the Giulia dual USB hub from Alfissimo.
When I arrived at the dealership the tech there told me "three people tried to do this already and it failed for all of them."
But I didn't get a lot of info on those three people's setups. I decided not to risk an irreversible programming mistake and cancelled my appointment.

Reading through this thread, it sounds like one step that's missing and maybe the dealer wouldn't have thought to do either is to change bytes...something something PROSCI something MES?

Not sure but it sounds like no one has done this successfully with a Stelvio, only a Giulia?

Wondering if I should just have the original unit reinstalled and cut my losses now.
I don't think anyone has figured out the proxi keys to a Stelvio yet. I haven't tried, I have looked, and it seems like the Stelvio has different flags to enable Carplay. So, yes, if you do not have the correct proxi keys and the dealer attempts to turn on AA/Carplay, it will lock the head unit in the "NO" position.

·
Registered
200 Posts
proxi is similar mods of course leaving all stelvio or trim dependant bits untouched. i did this twice in stelvios. only hub installation is 2h extra job due to need of unbolting underneath the tunnel. im on travel right now but layter can advise what to change in proxi exactly

Reactions: Beta Romeo
241 - 260 of 272 Posts