Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
221 - 240 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
it is possible to use a used etm unit?there is no way to reprogram the used units?
No it isn't possible ( for now )because the ETM is vin locked
Who is interested in one new ETM 2nd generation MV090 not vin locked last part number 50560290 and dual USB port send PM

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2017 RWD Ti Lusso
147 Posts
No it isn't possible ( for now )because the ETM is vin locked
Who is interested in one new ETM 2nd generation MV090 not vin locked last part number 50560290 and dual USB port send PM

price?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I found an Alpha mechanic to perform the Multiscan/Witech process using the instructions from this thread on a new radio unit to activate Carfplay Ran into an issue right away. When he connected the car to Multiscan and selected CAN setup it wouldn't let him connect. Something was locking him out. Tried all the different cables. He had the newest version of Multiscan. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for someone can help me to get the security code which is used.
almost done but just stop with the VIN.

check the USB interface setting

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just received a dual USB hub for my 2017 QV.
Any hints on removing the existing single USB hub and replacing with the dual?

·
Registered
200 Posts
easy, I do bit with with plastic flat lever and then with some metal bent hook lift the plastik around which holds cigarette lighter slot and hub, then you will see. stelvio is nightmare for 2+h job, giulia is 2 minutes. then of course proxi, and as far as it seems to me you need to change type to get addtional USB working (e.g. type 5 which is hex 15 to byte 115, but in MES nowadays you have selection like 2 USB + AUX or so_

·
Registered
200 Posts
nope, on last stage you need Witech2, possibly some other tools like CDA6 or so could also do this, if you do not have such, easier and cheaper with dealer

·
Registered
200 Posts
screen if is good, and you have Carplay via WiFi, but toggle to radio FM is by pressing MENU for 2 secs and such boxes input via AUX so you are paired with your BT with box instead of car. the downside really I see is the external microphone need and echo which call receivers sometimes hear. In one unit we had interrupting right channel speakers - turned something loose in AUX connections in the cable they supply with - after removing and plugging again no problems anymore. I installed a few units in the time I had time to do some garage jobs as supplementary business.

·
Registered
100 Posts
easy, I do bit with with plastic flat lever and then with some metal bent hook lift the plastik around which holds cigarette lighter slot and hub, then you will see.
I must be a bit thick, but I didn't "see". Prying was going to damage both parts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I do not have picture on how to extract it, but found this from time I was doing some different jobs to customer car - may give you idea how this looks like. see the thing on the left its USB hub together with 12V socket in plastic frame, this is how it pops out at least a bit, often when you move it out a bit, it is easy to slide out hub to like inside tunel direction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I try for 2 days in Stelvio 2017 2000Tb whit new brand OEM ETM and monitor MV-119 my2020.
In witech i have Carplay Locked in OFF.
I have 4.7R1 MES and build A5 and A6 adapter.
I have try a lot of byte in Adress 115 157 161 163 174.
Sure 100% bit 115 @ 15 and MES see USB type 5 (USB B dx Aux+ USB C sx) car it's EMEA.
[email protected] for recognize 2018 model
174 it's not mandatory 00 it's best choice.
Now i need play whit adress 161 and 163 (default it's 00 00)
Anyone can share STELVIO default adress whit MV-119 Stock Factory
Many tnk's

·
Registered
200 Posts
I try for 2 days in Stelvio 2017 2000Tb whit new brand OEM ETM and monitor MV-119 my2020.
Interesting case, with 3rd gen ETM

In witech i have Carplay Locked in OFF.
I hope you haven't tried to set it on? Otherwise bye bye AA/ACP on this unit

I have 4.7R1 MES and build A5 and A6 adapter.
I have try a lot of byte in Adress 115 157 161 163 174.
Sure 100% bit 115 @ 15 and MES see USB type 5 (USB B dx Aux+ USB C sx) car it's EMEA.
Have you changed USB hub to one compatible with AA/ACP option?

[email protected] for recognize 2018 model
in stelvio you set to B1, bit 15 is for rear power gate menu presence, the rest has nothing to do with 2018 model, bit 0 is for enabling projection mode

174 it's not mandatory 00 it's best choice.
yes, I have no clue why people on this forum came with 174, none of documentation I seen has anything there in pre-facelift models, in facelift they have some extras about lights but know no details on what exactly

Now i need play whit adress 161 and 163 (default it's 00 00)
161th in pre facelifts and post-facelifts with AA/ACP must be 03 to allow AA+ACP.
163th. in pre-facelift giulias 02 (my stock setup) its about no touch screen set that way, in post facelifts Giulias it changed a bit ignored bits 2:1 but bits 4:3 are for performance pages - In MY2020 GIulia I had in workshop this has 18 value and this is about performance pages displayed on displays
Anyone can share STELVIO default adress whit MV-119 Stock Factory
Many tnk's
hope helped a bit

Reactions: FabiuZ
221 - 240 of 265 Posts