Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

201 - 220 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
yes you did got 2nd gen - sometimes people on warranty claims got 1st gen refurbished (there were plenty of 1st gen HU replaced on warranty due to early firmware issues). no way to see yourself (or at all, at least with tools I know) if the radio was locked or not already. way is you change hub, modifiy proxi, then go to friendly dealer on Witech2 to do activation in ETM - one chance really (unless you have factory tools, nearly nobody has). only by success or fail you know if headunit was attempted to activate AA/ACP without preparation or not.
One more, there is a lot of misleading information about hub - it needs to be part number compatible with AA/ACP - some people say dual - that is not true - it may be single it may be dual, as long as compatible with AA/ACP. Problem hubs are not easy to buy - for 9 months I managed to buy 1 pcs from FCA asking every a few weeks for availability. Two customers came with 2nd hand from crashed cars, and I have one 2nd hand currently in stock - nearly like holy graal.
Thanks for the great information. I will look into getting the proper hub and from there find somewhere to do the proxi change and Witech activation.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
427 Posts
I just had my screen replaced (delamination) and the ETM replaced due to updating issues. I'm running on the latest firmware. This unit is way more responsive than the original.

I will try to source the usb hub, but don't know if the dealer around here will do the the witech part. I will do my best. Hopefully they didn't lock it out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just had my screen replaced (delamination) and the ETM replaced due to updating issues. I'm running on the latest firmware. This unit is way more responsive than the original.

I will try to source the usb hub, but don't know if the dealer around here will do the the witech part. I will do my best. Hopefully they didn't lock it out.
Thant's what I'm hoping too. Had HU replaced by dealer and I found the USB on ebay from a wrecked Giulia and installed it. Now just trying to find a place in SoCal that can do the proxi change on Multiecuscan and activate CP on Witech.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
427 Posts
I ordered the USB off ebay as well.

Did you get additional features unlocked in the menu? I would love to disable the easy access seat option.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered the USB off ebay as well.

Did you get additional features unlocked in the menu? I would love to disable the easy access seat option.
I did not think about that and need to check. I would like disable as well. I was so focused on getting the CP feature.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
427 Posts
I checked and all my options are the same as original. Looking at this thread it appears we have to get some other modules updated. I was curious about this. My gauge cluster screen is also the same with 75 being on the left and 0 on the right for MPG. I have seen newer updates that look better. I want to know how to get all this updated.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I checked and all my options are the same as original. Looking at this thread it appears we have to get some other modules updated. I was curious about this. My gauge cluster screen is also the same with 75 being on the left and 0 on the right for MPG. I have seen newer updates that look better. I want to know how to get all this updated.
Dealer. My cluster was updated along with an Infotainment update. 4-5 other things they updated as well. What Infotainment level do you have? I think all these other updates were co-requisites when my infotainment was up to .002.009.059.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
427 Posts
Dealer. My cluster was updated along with an Infotainment update. 4-5 other things they updated as well. What Infotainment level do you have? I think all these other updates were co-requisites when my infotainment was up to .002.009.059.
I thought that was the case. I have the latest gen 2.5 module. Version 009.000.061. I was hoping that would include updates for everything, but honestly everything seems exactly the same except the infotainment is way more snappy and useable.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I thought that was the case. I have the latest gen 2.5 module. Version 009.000.061. I was hoping that would include updates for everything, but honestly everything seems exactly the same except the infotainment is way more snappy and useable.
Right, IPC update is separate from Infortainment. That was the one that produced visible changes to the cluster looks including reversing the 75—>0 mpg gauge.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
427 Posts
Right, IPC update is separate from Infortainment. That was the one that produced visible changes to the cluster looks including reversing the 75—>0 mpg gauge.
OK. That is what I need to happen. I need dealer to also update my DTCM so I can get race mode working properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The dealer did update the cluster because I now get the digital speedometer in Race mode. However I don't see where to disable the easy access seat option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a bit confused, what should I do to get CarPlay and Android Auto in my 18' Giulia with 8.8" screen

I hope this is second generation.
MV-056.000.007
TV-056.000.xxx (forgot)

And I have only 1 usb in arm-rest.
If I understand correctly (hope so), I need to replace USB hub with 2 port (but no idea which one to order) and as dealership to activate it?

Is there anything else I would need to do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
[QUOTE = "Frybecker, post: 881873, membro: 28674"]
Guarda il post # 86 su questo thread.
[/CITAZIONE]

L'ho seguito, ma non porta a termine l'allineamento proxy con la centralina del amplificatore (AMP), a questo punto mi sono fermato.
Avete dei consigli da darmi

·
Registered
2 Posts
ciao a tutti e congratulazioni a voi per aver sempre trovato nuove soluzioni
sono il proprietario di una giulia diesel super 2017 con schermo 6.5 sw043 per attivare carplay come devo procedere? quali sono i passi da compiere? Mille Grazie

201 - 220 of 244 Posts