Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the car this afternoon after being in for the TPMS light, and these are the flash updates that were made
1) acc flash, 18-80-95-94 for rough start
2) amp flash 18-60-07-9Q (0.3)
3) ECM flash 18-19-06-RH (0.4)
4) TCM flash 18-19-05-FT (0.2)
5) HVAC flash and motor flap test 18-50-10-9B (0.2)
6) radio enhancement flash 08-041-17 and nav reconfigure
Some things I noticed were that now the nav system has route preference ( not known if traffic is available I will find out Saturday ) XM radio now shows the channel number before it was only station name. And hold on everyone I could now recieve sms msgs it also displays a list of preset replies. When I get some time I will go thru the system and let everyone know.
Also after speaking to the dealer, he hinted that a new vehicle ( probably the size of a 5 series BMW and a Spider are in the works)
Safe Driving everyone /La meccanica della emozioni

·
Registered
178 Posts
On my drive home from the dealer - just picked up my Guilia - I received a text message, listened to it, replied using one of the canned replies, and then called that person on the phone! Pretty impressive after only owning the vehicle for 20 minutes!
John

·
Registered
641 Posts
Picked up the car this afternoon after being in for the TPMS light, and these are the flash updates that were made
1) acc flash, 18-80-95-94 for rough start
2) amp flash 18-60-07-9Q (0.3)
3) ECM flash 18-19-06-RH (0.4)
4) TCM flash 18-19-05-FT (0.2)
5) HVAC flash and motor flap test 18-50-10-9B (0.2)
6) radio enhancement flash 08-041-17 and nav reconfigure
Some things I noticed were that now the nav system has route preference ( not known if traffic is available I will find out Saturday ) XM radio now shows the channel number before it was only station name. And hold on everyone I could now recieve sms msgs it also displays a list of preset replies. When I get some time I will go thru the system and let everyone know.
Also after speaking to the dealer, he hinted that a new vehicle ( probably the size of a 5 series BMW and a Spider are in the works)
Safe Driving everyone /La meccanica della emozioni
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Traffic info would be great!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
On my drive home from the dealer - just picked up my Guilia - I received a text message, listened to it, replied using one of the canned replies, and then called that person on the phone! Pretty impressive after only owning the vehicle for 20 minutes!
John
What type of phone? How was it connected?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I expected that, iPhone 6 still bupkus...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So today I downloaded android auto on my phone and after the install it asked if allow to connect to alfa romeo, I clicked yes but seeing that we had to take our son back to school today (no way is all his junk and lax gear fitting in the alfa we packed up the honda pilot ) so I haven't had a chance to see if it works. I'll check tomorrow

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I plugged in my iPhone after the update I saw the text option exactly once, and haven't been able to find it again, not that my iPhone can stay connected via cable for longer than a couple minutes.
I am reliably informed that apple use a different mms bluetooth thang to everyone else. I can get my uk car to read mms from the iphone but sending the preset replies doesn't work. Which is a pity.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am reliably informed that apple use a different mms bluetooth thang to everyone else. I can get my uk car to read mms from the iphone but sending the preset replies doesn't work. Which is a pity.
You giulia is an Italian designed driving machine that is intended to driven and enjoyed. You will nor be getting cup holders that can hold drive through American buckets of sugary syrup and ice? This is an Italian car. You are supposed to drive to a cafe, park it outside and then drink proper espresso at a table, like all civilized Europeans do, whilst looking at the car and thinking how beautiful it is. (The only sugars in drinks should be from grapes and properly fermented).

As standard you will not be getting a 36 speaker infotainment system with toughscreen and blingly lights? No, this is not what the Italian design team wanted, you will get what they wanted - a carbon fibredrive shaft, ZF transmission.

Parking aids? OK Alfa put them on the car but grudgingly - you don't need parking aids really, you are beyond that, you are a car connoisseur, of course you can drive backwards with a degree of precision. (Have you noticed the D mode has more aggressive throttle response in reverse as well, this is because the car is Italian, if you want D mode then you get it in reverse as well as forwards OK).

The way the alarm setting beeps can't be disabled? Why would you want them to be turned off? If you wanted a subtle car you wouldn't be driving something Italian, fast and beautiful.

You have to accept the logic, (or lack of it maybe), or you will go a bit mad. In fact they say that having an alfa is much like having a very beautiful but slightly mad wife.

Take the car out on some nice twisty roads, give it some beans, to **** with the luxury crap.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I played with the system today, no info for traffic received while driving, don't know if was not working or no traffic on the road I was on, I now have route preference (3 choices ) . Like I mentioned yesterday android auto download on phone but nothing came up on the infotainment screen.. The sms worked you have choices I think about 6 for responses or call back. If it comes down to it and I know that I will really need a trusted gps ,i have a great garmin unit with map updates for life and a camera, Like the post before this, he/she is exactly right this car is ment for driving the " long and winding road " Although it is italian and was expecting an ashtray lol
Safe driving " le meccanica delle emozioni "

·
Registered
57 Posts
You giulia is an Italian designed driving machine that is intended to driven and enjoyed. You will nor be getting cup holders that can hold drive through American buckets of sugary syrup and ice? This is an Italian car. You are supposed to drive to a cafe, park it outside and then drink proper espresso at a table, like all civilized Europeans do, whilst looking at the car and thinking how beautiful it is. (The only sugars in drinks should be from grapes and properly fermented).

As standard you will not be getting a 36 speaker infotainment system with toughscreen and blingly lights? No, this is not what the Italian design team wanted, you will get what they wanted - a carbon fibredrive shaft, ZF transmission.

Parking aids? OK Alfa put them on the car but grudgingly - you don't need parking aids really, you are beyond that, you are a car connoisseur, of course you can drive backwards with a degree of precision. (Have you noticed the D mode has more aggressive throttle response in reverse as well, this is because the car is Italian, if you want D mode then you get it in reverse as well as forwards OK).

The way the alarm setting beeps can't be disabled? Why would you want them to be turned off? If you wanted a subtle car you wouldn't be driving something Italian, fast and beautiful.

You have to accept the logic, (or lack of it maybe), or you will go a bit mad. In fact they say that having an alfa is much like having a very beautiful but slightly mad wife.

Take the car out on some nice twisty roads, give it some beans, to **** with the luxury crap.
Touche - using my own finely crafted opinion back at me.

(I hope you didn't take offence, it wasn't intended. - I know you will love the car)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Touche - using my own finely crafted opinion back at me.

(I hope you didn't take offence, it wasn't intended. - I know you will love the car)

of course...just a bit of fun. I happened to open the threads one after the other and it just struck me as funny!
john

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
No traffic monitoring here whatsoever.

Did a 60 mile trip with Waze on at the same time and it chose a faster route

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
No traffic monitoring here whatsoever.

Did a 60 mile trip with Waze on at the same time and it chose a faster route
Best nav would be running Waze through that big built in screen.....

Reactions: Il_Conte
1 - 18 of 18 Posts