Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update that might help some owners.

Bought my 2017 Quad on 7-8-2017. (Well, leased it :) )

I had a situation where often, the car would start flashing warning lights - like, ALL of them, across the main display in the center of the instrument cluster, while dinging:

Service Engine
Service ATV System
Service Dampers
Service Electronic Throttle Control
Service Electronic Parking Brake

Twice, this caused Limp Mode where the speed limit and tach indicators would drop to 0 (while the car was driving down the road) and the A/C compressor would go off.

There was no recognizable rhyme or pattern to this. It would happen at various speeds, warmth of the car, length of the drive, etc. But it would clear itself after a few dozen miles and stops/restarts of the car. So I had a problem.

I finally got it to the dealership WHILE it was happening though so they could read the codes !! They kept my car for 17 days. Called in an Alfa tech from wherever they come from. They changed the battery, took the car apart inside and in the trunk, had all sorts of things taken apart.

Here was the solution and what they fixed:

M5300: INFORMATION LINE
Caused by FOUND INLINE CONNECTOR NOT FULLY SEATED NEC TO CONNECT PROPERLY. INSTALLED 6NS79U4TAA :SHIFT TOWER INSTALLED 68377658AA :BODY CONTROL MODULE

RRT FLASH
Caused by RRT 17-081 NEC TO REPLACE GLOVE BOX TO CORRECT CONCERN INSTALLED 6RL83LXHAA :DOOR, GLOVE BOX

And guess what? 11 days, not a single glitch !! Car is acting like a new $80K car is supposed to act.

All that hassle, multiple trips to the dealership, from an electrical connection that was not all the way seated !!

So if anyone sees that symptom, this might be your solution.

Hope this helps someone else !! :nerd:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Oh...My...Lord. I would say OMG but I wanted more emphasis. This happened to me in the Miata a couple years back. It was actually the second problem I had after the supercharger install, and not the last. But yes, the piggy back harness shares a similar connector to the stock one, and if I remember correctly, it plugs in first with the piggy back ports on the back of the connectors, and the stock harness plugs in on top. And yes, both harnesses have 3 plugs each! The ecu is located deep under the dash, behind the hood release. It's way hard to reach and the best way is with the top down, lying on your back with your feet sticking into the air past the headrest. :D. They are different lengths of the long, comb style computer plugs that have tab latches in the middle of each. It's murder on your fingers, especially at night in the cold in the fall when your car won't start. But that happened later because of shorts. The loose plugs caused the speedo to drop out and various other issues, although small. I paid the dealer to resolve that for me and it was embarrassing, until they tried to tell me later I needed a new engine when I developed the shorts around the glove box due to vibration. They had no clue and figured the misfire and loss of compression was due to cylinder wear and not fuel wash, which it was. I confirmed good compression with my own tests afterwards. So yeah, unseated plugs can cause real havoc and look much worse than they are. I am thrilled you got it resolved. Hope the bill was covered as it should have mean right from the factory.

Reactions: larrysing

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Always great to search and go back to the information shared in this Forum, since 3 years ago. Just don't allow the service manager of the dealership to talk to you about changing the engine or trade-in the car for an issue free new car and don't engage in Lemon Law conversations, specifically because these warning lights.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any information on the location of that electrical connection?
Seems like they said it was under the console, but I can't be certain of the location, sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts