Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I can appreciate them trying to keep you informed. However, there are a lot of 2018 already out on the road. Both the base and Quadrifoglio versions have been released.

Which dealer are you working with? You may want to touch base with Alfa Cares to get them involved to obtain accurate information.

Reactions: Jason McInnis

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was told today by my dealer that according to FCA, all 2018s are delayed because of the installation of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
If possible talk to a different dealer. This is a blatant lie.
Just check dealer inventories - you'll see a whole lot of 2018 Giulia units are in stock.
Bought a 2018 Quadrifoglio from dealer stock on December 1st myself.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If possible talk to a different dealer. This is a blatant lie.
Just check dealer inventories - you'll see a whole lot of 2018 Giulia units are in stock.
Bought a 2018 Quadrifoglio from dealer stock on December 1st myself.
I don’t think it’s a lie. Not all 2018s. They just held up delivery at a certain point once the software update was available. I think they must have just one person doing the updates one at a time though. It’s taking so long...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
It's a fact that starting this week Port facilities have capabilities to load up the Carplay software updates on the incoming MY18.
The MY18 already delivered will be able to have the updates loaded up at dealerships in 30 to 60 days.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well @Quadster was told "all 2018s are delayed because of the installation of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto"
Since there are dozens upon dozens of 2018s in stock, that statement can't be true.

May be they mean all the 2018 vehicles that have not been shipped to the dealers yet.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Whoa, everyone. Details please.
As we know, the MY18 Giulias have the capability (the hardware) in place to have the ACP-AA software loaded at a later time.
Dealerships have been telling MY18 owners varying information on when this will happen. Some have been told:
"Several weeks"
"Months away"
"Sometime in 2018"
BostonDMD now says 30-60 days.
I'm not sure what "port facilities have the capabilities to load up the Carplay software updates" means. I guess that it's great that if before they didn't have the "capability", and now they do.
I'm more interested in when it will actually be released and installed.
We wait.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am waiting for a Giulia Ti AWD that arrived in port a week or two ago.

Apparently, they may have discovered some Brake Fluid contamination and this is apparently (according to my dealer in Greensboro, NC) delaying the shipping of the cars, as the brake fluid is being changed at the port of arrival, instead of asking each dealer to do it, upon reception of the cars.

I wonder if the Italians did mix some Barolo or Chianti wines with the brake fluid.....

Anyway, in my opinion, this is another lame excuse to justify their lack of capability to handle big deliveries in a timely fashion.

Yves

·
Registered
693 Posts
I am waiting for a Giulia Ti AWD that arrived in port a week or two ago.

Apparently, they may have discovered some Brake Fluid contamination and this is apparently (according to my dealer in Greensboro, NC) delaying the shipping of the cars, as the brake fluid is being changed at the port of arrival, instead of asking each dealer to do it, upon reception of the cars.

Yves
So you decided to order from Greensboro. Are you planning to have service done there too? I'd appreciate feedback on this dealer once pay them a visit. Hopefully this won't be until the first scheduled maintenance ;)
The Cary dealer is a lot more convenient for me so I plan to give them a chance first.

I hadn't heard the Brake Fluid story before. Could be true.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Maybe. And could be a source of the brake complaints from some people. I doubt it though. Afaik, our best connected members heard from Pieter Hogeveen himself that the last week of delay (or maybe 10 days you [email protected][email protected]) was due to the software update that DMD mentioned after a week of secrecy.
What's going on now?

Feeling played like a chump. Hope the cappuccino was worth it. :(

p.s. My great uncle Guido was chief of police in Venice, after fighting with the partisans in WWII. He would not be happy right now.

"Testadurae!" :mad:

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,758 Posts
Someone suggested to me that Alfa doesn't want to pay dealers for labor costs, so they've decided to perform updates at or near port.
Also generally more controllable.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yes, there has been a problem with possible brake fluid contamination, for which a customer delivery hold has been issued. This is an issue that affects very recent builds, though.
By very recent builds you mean which months of 2017?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.