Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had my Sport Ti Q4 for a month. Had a Dr. appointment this morning 30 miles away from my house. On the way, had a Deputy Sheriff stop me for not signaling a lane change. The first words out of his mouth was "what a beautiful car" a phrase he uttered a few times. I answered several questions about the car and he let me go on my merry way with no ticket. On, the way home I get stopped by a State Trooper for doing 5 mph over the limit and the first words out of his mouth was "What the **** is that?". Again, I answer several questions about the car and sent on my merry way with no ticket. It's cool that they are curious about the car. But, I really hate that sinking feeling when you see those lights flashing in your mirror. :surprise:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
White seemed to capture at least one trooper's attention.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
253 Posts
I haven't had any issues like this, and I drive without a front plate in a state which requires one. The car does for sure attract a lot of attention in general, especially from young kids in their little Honda and Subaru rice burners haha. Guess you just gotta keep an extra sharp eye out for the boys in blue.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Oh yes it is Alfa RED! My 79 Fiat Pininfarina spider is also red with the tan and black interior. I believe there was a Papal edict that all Italian sporty cars have to be red. I have to admit that I am a retired firefighter / paramedic and my cars have professional firefighter license plates and a firefighters union sticker in the back window. They work as a "get out of jail free" card with 99% of the police. Haven't had a ticket in over 30 years. The Alfa's tag in personalized with the Italian word "SCUSI" on it. It means excuse me or pardon me when you want to pass someone.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
The Alfa's tag in personalized with the Italian word "SCUSI" on it. It means excuse me or pardon me when you want to pass someone.
I wonder how many uninformed see it and think "scuzzy". :(

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I wonder how many uninformed see it and think "scuzzy". :(
Nooooooo! Perish the thought! Maybe an old IT tech from the 80s thinking about external disck drives and printers, but please, it has to be 'Scusi
:grin2:

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I shipped my 1987 Milano home from Europe, it was the first one for a couple of months in Washington State. It was sufficiently red and exotic to attract attention. In those two months, police pulled me over three times, two for minor infractions and one by a Mercer Island cop who admitted he just wanted to admire the car. My 13-month-old Montecarlo blue Giulia so far has escaped the curious eyes of the law, even with its missing front license plate.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Yeah, you get the typical guy with a BMW 335, M3, and some Subarus to try you out. "Sorry to tell you bro, your WRX is no longer the big dog in 4-cylinder land"...

I will say that the Misano blue attracts a lot of people. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Today I attracted the attention of the so called "white van tv/speaker scammer" in a grocery store parking lot. Right I after I parked, I saw this dude in his 20s in a SUV stopped right behind me, signaling me to roll down the windows. First thing he said, Sick car man ... but before he continued, I said I know you! it's about the 4k TV right?? (I saw the big TV box in the back seat through the windows) And he seemed startled, and started backing away quickly while yelling "I was gonna ask you where is cloest Chick-Fil-A! *******!"

He must have forgotten he approached me saying the exact same thing a year ago, while I was driving my previous car in another parking lot in the same area. LOL.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
In silly valley it might be interpreted as an adaptation of SCSI (pronounced "scuzzy"), a storage media interface...
A hygiene reference most everywhere else, though?

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys are right. I may have gotten to cute with the "Scusi" idea. I lived in Italy for 2 years and the wife and I have been back several times. Scusi, is just one of our favorite words to say. It's fun to say it. But, I am prone to that. I named our golden retriever "Molson". After the Canadian beer Molson Golden.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts