Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both today. The second occurrence proved the first wasn't a fluke. The first happened when I pulled into a parking place and sat for a minute or so with the engine running in park. The second was in a Woodward Avenue turnaround (needs no explanation for those familiar with the "Michigan left"). While the circumstances were different, I find myself wondering what I might have done to trigger the event.

·
Registered
537 Posts
So you had it locked and it unlocked? Where was the key?

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
537 Posts
Fobs are pretty sensitive, I’d think it got actuated by your skinny jeans :)

If it happens again, I’d move the key to the cup holder or similar and report back.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure fob buttons are active while driving?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had this happen the other day. The doors just randomly locked and nothing I did could unlock them. I believe I was going under 5 MPH but didn’t really notice. I started considering what I would do if after turning off the car, they still wouldn’t unlock (I’m 6’5” and really didn’t want to try to climb out the windows). I then remembered the **** key fob and lo and behold, I could unlock it with the fob. I’m guessing it was another random pocket button push. Damnit, I’ve already “disabled” the panic button, now I guess I need to disable all the other buttons.

When they user tested the fob, was the guy wearing sweat pants?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts