Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I noticed the Alpha website now offers an “unpainted” roof option now for $2,000 when you build and price a QV.
Oh, great. Now I'm gonna be jelly of people driving around with a carbon fiber roof. Sheez!!! :|

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Eh not really, Clear carbon has to be produced with out imperfections so laying the weave/twill in a certain pattern takes a lot more time then just doing a easy pattern and covering it up with paint. If you took the clear off the roof of a QV with paint you would see imperfections in the weave/twill and sanding process.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I think it looked really good on a dark grey 4c that was at the local dealer, and is quite stunning with a transparent color coat like pagani does.

but somehow I think it is visually similar to a 70's vinyl top option common on large US cars when contrasting with other colors

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Eh not really, Clear carbon has to be produced with out imperfections so laying the weave/twill in a certain pattern takes a lot more time then just doing a easy pattern and covering it up with paint. If you took the clear off the roof of a QV with paint you would see imperfections in the weave/twill and sanding process.
Not to mention clear coat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts